The Winnipeg Jets continue a six-game homestand tonight by facing the Chicago Blackhawks at Bell MTS Place…It’s the first of two times the Jets host the Blackhawks in the span of eight days…Winnipeg started the homestand with a 5-2 win against the Ottawa Senators yesterday…The Jets continue the homestand on Tuesday against the New York Rangers.
Feb. 8 vs. OTT – 5-2 W
Jets Scorers: Pionk (6), Connor (26), Laine (21, 22, 23)
Senators Scorers: Pageau (21), Boedker (1)
Jets Goaltender: Laurent Brossoit (25 sv, 2 ga)
Senators Goaltender: Craig Anderson (18 sv, 4 ga); Marcus Hogberg (11 sv, 1 ga)
Jets PP: 3-for-4
Jets PK: 3-for-3
Recap: Patrik Laine had a hat trick and Kyle Connor tallied four points (1G, 3A) in a 5-2 win against the Ottawa Senators yesterday…Neal Pionk also opened the scoring and added two assists for the Jets…Anthony Bitetto led the Jets with five hits.
Three Stars: 1. Laine 2. Connor 3. Pionk
Next Five Games
|Feb. 11||7:00 p.m.||NY Rangers||Bell MTS Place||TSN3||TSN 1290|
|Feb. 14||7:00 p.m.||San Jose||Bell MTS Place||TSN3||TSN 1290|
|Feb. 16||7:30 p.m.||Chicago||Bell MTS Place||TSN3||TSN 1290|
|Feb. 18||7:00 p.m.||Los Angeles||Bell MTS Place||TSN3||TSN 1290|
|Feb. 20||7:30 p.m.||At Ottawa||Canadian Tire Centre||TSN3||TSN 1290|
Winnipeg is 13-12-3 at home this season and are in a stretch of nine of 10 games at Bell MTS Place…The Jets are in the midst of a six-game homestand, which is their longest homestand of the season at Bell MTS Place…The Jets are 2-0-1 in their past three home games…Kyle Connor leads the Jets in scoring at home with 26 points (13G, 13A) in 28 games…Patrik Laine leads the Jets with 14 goals at home.
Setting the Limit
The Jets have held their opponent to two goals in each of their past five games…The 10 goals Winnipeg has allowed since Jan. 31 ranks tied for ninth in the NHL in fewest goals allowed and the two goals against per game is fifth…The Jets have gone 20-3-2 this season when allowing two goals or less and the 25 occurrences ranks tied for seventh in the NHL.
The Jets have 10 back-to-back sets this season, the eighth of which is this weekend…The Jets are 5-3-0 in the first and 3-4-0 in the second game of back-to-backs this season…Four of the eight wins have come in overtime or a shootout…The Jets have three back-to-back sets in a span of 24 days…Winnipeg went 6-3-0 in the first game and 5-4-0 in the second game of back-to-backs last season.
The Jets have scored in the first period in a season-high seven consecutive games…The most goals the Jets have scored in the first period of a game this season is two, which has happened nine times…The first period has been Winnipeg’s least productive this season with 41 goals, compared to 66 goals in second periods and 54 goals in third periods…Nikolaj Ehlers leads the Jets with six first period goals this season…Three of Winnipeg’s four shorthanded goals this season have been scored in the first period.
Patrik Laine tallied his first hat trick of the season yesterday…It’s the eighth hat trick of his career, which is second most in franchise history and three behind Ilya Kovalchuk (11) for the franchise record…Yesterday was the first time Laine scored three power play goals in game, which tied a franchise record that was previously done six times.
Four for KC
Kyle Connor registered four points (1G, 3A) yesterday, which was the fourth four-point game of a career…The Jets are 39-6-2 when Connor has a multi-point game during his career…Since Nov. 1, Connor is 12th in NHL scoring with 50 points (22G, 28A) in 43 games…He’s on pace for a career high 38 goals and 43 assists…He needs two assists to match the career high 32 assists he had last season.
Since the Break
Since representing the Jets as part of the Central Division team in the 2020 NHL All-Star Game, Connor Hellebuyck has gone 2-0-1 with a 1.99 goals-against average and .947 save percentage…He stopped 107 of the 113 shots directed his way and has posted a .944 save percentage or better in each start…It’s the second time this season he’s had a plus-.940 save percentage in three consecutive starts (Nov. 1-8).
Jets vs. Blackhawks Information
All-Time Record: 19-19-5
At Bell MTS Place: 6-7-2
- The Jets have lost consecutive games to the Blackhawks for the first time since Dec. 14/17-Jan. 12/18.
- The Jets are 7-3-0 in their past 10 games against the Blackhawks.
- The Jets swept the season series (4-0-0) against Chicago last season for the first time in franchise history when playing multiple games in a season.
- The Jets are 39-for-42 (92.9%) on the penalty kill in their past 17 games against Chicago.
- Winnipeg has outshot Chicago in each of the past five meetings.
- The winning side has scored at least four goals in nine of the past 10 games between the two teams.
- Blake Wheeler leads the Jets in scoring against the Blackhawks with 20 points (9G, 20A) in 35 career games.
- Mark Scheifele’s eight points (3G, 5A) in four games against the Blackhawks last season is the most points by a Jets a player against Chicago in a single season…He had the game-winning goal in overtime in the first meeting this season (Oct. 12 at CHI – 3-2 OTW) and has a team high three game-winning goals against the Blackhawks.
Career Scoring vs. the Blackhawks
Career Goaltending Against the Blackhawks
Former Blackhawks Playing for the Jets
D – Carl Dahlstrom
Former Jets Playing for the Blackhawks
- Needs eight goals to reach 100 for his NHL career.
- Needs one goal to pass Evander Kane (109) for ninth in goals in franchise history.
- Needs seven penalty minutes to reach 300 for his NHL career.
- Needs two games played to pass Jacob Trouba (408) for 12th in games played in franchise history.
- Needs two penalty minutes to reach 300 for his NHL career.
- Needs three goals to pass Dany Heatley (80) for 12th in goals in franchise history.
- Needs four assists to pass Marc Savard (133) for 11th in assists in franchise history.
- Needs seven assists to reach 200 for his NHL career.
- Needs four games played to reach 400 with the Jets franchise.
- Needs three goals to pass Dany Heatley (80) for 13th in goals in franchise history.
- Needs two assists to pass Marc Savard (133) for 11th in assists in franchise history.
- Needs seven assists to reach 100 for his NHL career.
- Needs one assist to pass Toby Enstrom (254) for fifth in assists in franchise history.
- Needs six penalty minutes to reach 100 for his NHL career.
Recently Accomplished Milestones
- 6 at STL – Played in his 400th career NHL game.
- 31 vs. BOS – Played in his 500th career NHL game.
- 8 vs. OTT – Reached 600 penalty minutes for his NHL career.
Jan. 23 – Reassigned D – Cameron Schilling, D – Nelson Nogier, and F – Kristian Vesalainen to the Manitoba Moose
Jan. 26 – Recalled D – Cameron Schilling from the Manitoba Moose (AHL); Reassigned F – Jansen Harkins to the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Jan. 28 – Recalled F – Jansen Harkins from the Manitoba Moose (AHL); Reassigned D – Cameron Schilling to the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Jan. 30 – Recalled D – Cameron Schilling and F – Logan Shaw from the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Feb. 4 – Activated D – Nathan Beaulieu from injured reserve; Placed F – Mathieu Perreault on injured reserve
Feb. 5 – Recalled F – Andrei Chibisov from the Manitoba Moose (AHL); Reassigned D – Cameron Schilling to the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
|Player||Injury||Date Injured||Games Missed|
|Mark Letestu*||Upper Body||—||49|
|Bryan Little*||Upper Body||Nov. 5 vs NJD||40|
|Tucker Poolman*||Lower Body||Dec. 12 vs. NSH||10|
|Carl Dahlstrom*||Upper Body||Dec. 14 vs. VAN||9|
|Adam Lowry*||Upper Body||Dec. 19 at CHI||7|
|Mathieu Perreault*||Upper Body||Jan. 31 vs. BOS||4|
|Luca Sbisa||Lower Body||Feb. 6 at STL||1|
*- Currently on injured reserve
Man-Games Lost: 226
How the Jets Were Built
Drafted (14) – Appleton, Connor, Copp, Ehlers, Harkins, Hellebuyck, Laine, Little, Lowry, Morrissey, Niku, Poolman, Scheifele, Roslovic
Trade (3) – Beaulieu, Pionk, Wheeler
Free Agency (8) – Bitetto, Bourque, Brossoit, Chibisov, Kulikov, Letestu, Perreault, Shaw
Waivers (3) – Dahlstrom, Sbisa, Shore
The Manitoba Moose split a two-game set with the Chicago Wolves last week to open a six-game homestand…The Moose hold a 22-28-0 record in the AHL’s Central Division and sit four points out of a playoff spot…Manitoba continues their homestand by hosting the Rockford IceHogs on Wednesday and Thursday.
TV: Sportsnet – Dave Randorf & Garry Galley
Radio: TSN 1290 – Dennis Beyak, Paul Edmonds & Brian Munz