The Winnipeg Jets begin a three-game, western Canadian road trip tonight when they face the Edmonton Oilers…The Jets went a perfect 3-for-3 on a three-game homestand, which was capped with a 4-2 win against the Arizona Coyotes on Monday night…The Jets continue their trip on Saturday against the Calgary Flames.
Mar. 9 vs. ARI – 4-2 W
Jets Scorers: Ehlers (25), Poolman (4), Eakin (5), Scheifele (29)
Coyotes Scorer: Schmaltz (10, 11)
Jets Goaltender: Connor Hellebuyck (36 sv, 2 ga)
Coyotes Goaltender: Darcy Kuemper (30 sv, 3 ga)
Jets PP: 0-for-2
Jets PK: 2-for-2
Recap: The Jets scored four unanswered goals in the second and third periods in a 4-2 comeback win against the Arizona Coyotes on Monday night…Nikolaj Ehlers paced the Jets with a goal and two assists, while Cody Eakin and Tucker Poolman had a goal and an assist each…Mark Scheifele led the Jets with six shots.
Three Stars: 1. Ehlers 2. Eakin 3. Poolman
Next Five Games
|Mar. 14||8:00 p.m.||At Calgary||Scotiabank Saddledome||Sportsnet||TSN 1290|
|Mar. 15||7:00 p.m.||At Vancouver||Rogers Arena||Sportsnet||TSN 1290|
|Mar. 17||7:00 p.m.||Florida||Bell MTS Place||TSN3||TSN 1290|
|Mar. 20||7:00 p.m.||Minnesota||Bell MTS Place||TSN3||TSN 1290|
|Mar. 22||6:00 p.m.||At Dallas||American Airlines Center||Sportsnet||TSN 1290|
On the Road Again
The Jets play eight of their last 12 games of the regular season on the road…Winnipeg is 16-14-3 on the road this season, which is 19th in the NHL…With 33 road games played, the Jets have played the fourth fewest in the NHL…Mark Scheifele is ninth in the NHL in road scoring this season with 39 points (16G, 23A) in 33 games…He’s second among NHL players that have played at least 30 road games with a 24.6% shooting percentage away from home.
Streaking Both Ways
The Jets have won three consecutive games for the sixth time this season…Winnipeg’s most recent winning streak longer than three games was a four-game streak from Mar. 14-20/19…The Jets have also won a season-high six games at home, but are winless in four consecutive road games (0-3-1).
The Jets went 4-0-1 in the first five games in February and have gone 11-5-2 since Feb. 1/20, which is tied for seventh in the NHL…Winnipeg has outscored their opponents 59-38 in the 18 games, which is tied for the fewest goals allowed in the NHL in that span.
Goaltender Connor Hellebuyck has started five consecutive games for the Jets, going 4-1-0 with a 1.21 goals-against average and .960 save percentage…He’s allowed two goals or fewer in five of his past six starts, including a pair of shutouts…Hellebuyck is tied for second in the NHL this season with 30 wins, which is the third consecutive season that he’s reached that plateau.
Another Career High
Tucker Poolman posted the first multi-point game of his career with a goal and an assist on Monday…He has three points (2G, 1A) in his past three games after having one assist in 20 contests…Poolman has established career highs for goals (4), assists (12), and points (16).
The Jets are 6-3-1 in their past 10 games…Mark Scheifele leads the Jets in scoring during the 10 contests with 13 points (6G, 7A) in the 10 games…Nikolaj Ehlers (5G, 7A) and Blake Wheeler (3G, 9A) each have 12 points, while Kyle Connor has a team leading seven goals.
Head coach Paul Maurice is slated to coach his 1,600th NHL game tonight in Edmonton…He’ll become just the fifth head coach in league history to reach the 1,600 game mark, joining Scotty Bowman (2,141), Joel Quenneville (1,705), Barry Trotz (1,673), and Al Arbour (1,607)…Maurice is poised to pass Arbour for the fourth-most games coached in NHL history in Winnipeg’s final home game of the regular season on Mar. 29 against the Vegas Golden Knights…He passed Ken Hitchcock (1,598) on Monday for fifth place on the list.
Jets vs. Oilers Information
All-Time Record: 16-15-2
At Bell MTS Place: 6-3-1
At Rogers Place: 3-2-0
- The Jets are 6-1-1 in their past eight games against the Oilers.
- Winnipeg has outscored Edmonton 29-20 (excluding shootouts) in those eight games.
- The first meeting between the Jets and Oilers this season on Oct. 20 ended in a 1-0 shootout win for the Jets…It was just the second 1-0 shootout win in franchise history. (Nov. 1/14 at NYR)
- The past five games between Winnipeg and Edmonton have been decided by one goal (3-1-1).
- Winnipeg has won four of the past six games against the Oilers in Edmonton.
- Blake Wheeler leads the Jets in scoring against the Oilers with 21 points (4G, 17A) in 24 games and is 2-for-2 in career shootout attempts against Edmonton.
Career Scoring vs. Oilers
Career Goaltending Against the Oilers
Former Oilers Playing for the Jets
G – Laurent Brossoit
Former Jets Playing for the Oilers
- Needs four assists to reach 100 for his NHL career.
- Needs one point to reach 200 for his NHL career.
- Needs three points to pass Marian Hossa (248) for 10th all-time in franchise points.
- Needs three goals to pass Andrew Ladd (139) for7th all-time in franchise goals.
- Needs two games played to pass Jacob Trouba (408) for 12th in games played in franchise history.
- Needs one game coached to reach 1,600 games as an NHL head coach.
- Needs nine games coached to pass Al Arbour (1,598) for fourth most games coached by a head coach in NHL history.
- Needs two penalty minutes to reach 300 for his NHL career.
- Needs two goals to pass Dany Heatley (80) for 12th in goals in franchise history.
- Needs four assists to pass Marc Savard (133) for 11th in assists in franchise history.
- Needs seven assists to reach 200 for his NHL career.
- Needs two games played to reach 400 with the Jets franchise.
- Needs two goals to pass Dany Heatley (80) for 13th in goals in franchise history.
- Needs two assists to pass Marc Savard (133) for 11th in assists in franchise history.
- Needs seven assists to reach 100 for his NHL career.
- Needs two games played to reach 300 for his NHL career.
- Needs four penalty minutes to reach 100 for his NHL career.
- Needs four assists to reach 500 for his NHL career.
- Needs five goals to pass Bryan Little (217) for second in franchise history in goals.
Recently Accomplished Milestones
- 6 at STL – Played in his 400th career NHL game.
- 29 at EDM – Reached 100 goals for his NHL career.
- 25 at WSH – Played in his 300th career NHL game.
- 8 vs. OTT – Reached 600 penalty minutes for his NHL career.
- 18 vs. LAK – Played his 700th game as a member of the Jets franchise.
Feb. 18 – Acquired D – Dylan DeMelo from the Ottawa Senators in exchange for a third round pick in the 2020 NHL Draft; Placed D – Luca Sbisa on injured reserve
Feb. 21 – Acquired F – Cody Eakin from the Vegas Golden Knights in exchange for a fourth round pick in the 2021 NHL Draft; Reassigned F – Andrei Chibisov to the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Feb. 24 – Assigned F – Logan Shaw to the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Feb. 25 – Recalled F – Logan Shaw from the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Feb. 27 – Recalled D – Nelson Nogier from the Manitoba Moose (AHL) on an emergency basis
Feb. 28 – Recalled F – C.J. Suess from the Manitoba Moose (AHL) on an emergency basis
Mar. 1 – Reassigned D – Nelson Nogier and F – C.J. Suess to the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Mar. 10 – Activated F – Mark Letestu from injured reserve and assigned him to the Manitoba Moose (AHL) on a conditioning stint
|Player||Injury||Date Injured||Games Missed|
|Bryan Little*||Upper Body||Nov. 5 vs NJD||53|
|Luca Sbisa*||Upper Body||Feb. 16 vs. CHI||9|
|Sami Niku||Lower Body||Feb. 25 at WSH||5|
|Anthony Bitetto||Upper Body||Feb. 29 at EDM||3|
*- Currently on injured reserve
Man-Games Lost: 320
How the Jets Were Built
Drafted (14) – Appleton, Connor, Copp, Ehlers, Harkins, Hellebuyck, Laine, Little, Lowry, Morrissey, Niku, Poolman, Scheifele, Roslovic
Trade (5) – Beaulieu, Eakin, DeMelo, Pionk, Wheeler
Free Agency (7) – Bitetto, Bourque, Brossoit, Kulikov, Letestu, Perreault, Shaw
Waivers (3) – Dahlstrom, Sbisa, Shore
The Manitoba Moose sit in eighth place in the Central Division with a record of 27-33-1…Manitoba is seven points back of the playoff line in the division…The Moose begin a six-game road trip on Friday with the first of two games against the division-leading Milwaukee Admirals.
TV: Sportsnet –
Radio: TSN 1290 – Dennis Beyak, Paul Edmonds & Brian Munz