The Winnipeg Jets conclude a three-game homestand tonight when they welcome the Nashville Predators to Bell MTS Place…The Jets have split the first two game of the homestand after a 5-2 win against the St. Louis Blues on Saturday night…Following tonight’s game, the Jets play the lone road game of a 10-game stretch Thursday in St. Louis against the Blues.
Feb. 1 vs. STL – 5-2 W
Jets Scorers: Roslovic (10, 11), Copp (8), Wheeler (16), Laine (19)
Blues Scorers: Schenn (18), O’Reilly (10)
Jets Goaltender: Connor Hellebuyck (38 sv, 2 ga)
Blues Goaltender: Jordan Binnington (28 sv, 3 ga)
Jets PP: 0-for-2
Jets PK: 2-for-2
Recap: Jack Roslovic scored the first two goals of the game and led the Jets to a 5-2 win against the St. Louis Blues on Saturday night…Blake Wheeler (1G, 1A), Mark Scheifele (2A), and Sami Niku (2A) each had two-point nights…Connor Hellebuyck made 38 saves, including 28 in the first two periods.
Three Stars: 1. Niku 2. Hellebuyck 3. Roslovic
Next Five Games
|Feb. 6||7:00 p.m.||At St. Louis||Enterprise Center||TSN3||TSN 1290|
|Feb. 8||1:00 p.m.||Ottawa||Bell MTS Place||CBC||TSN 1290|
|Feb. 9||6:00 p.m.||Chicago||Bell MTS Place||Sportsnet||TSN 1290|
|Feb. 11||7:00 p.m.||NY Rangers||Bell MTS Place||TSN3||TSN 1290|
|Feb. 14||7:00 p.m.||San Jose||Bell MTS Place||TSN3||TSN 1290|
Winnipeg is 12-12-2 at home this season and are in a stretch of nine of 10 games at Bell MTS Place…The Jets are 2-7-1 in their past 10 home games after a five-game home winning streak between Nov. 23-Dec. 15…Winnipeg went 18-19-4 on home ice during the 2015-16 season, which is the only time since relocation the Jets have had a home record at or below .500 in a season…Mark Scheifele leads the Jets in scoring at home this season with 25 points (11G, 14A) in 26 games…Kyle Connor has a team-leading 12 goals.
Ending the Skid
Saturday’s win ended a five-game losing streak for the Jets…It was just the third five-game losing streak in 498 games since Paul Maurice became the team’s head coach during the 2013-14 season…With a victory tonight, the Jets can win consecutive games for the first time since Jan. 6-8 and consecutive games in regulation for the first time since Dec. 8-10.
The Jets have scored nine empty net goals this season and are tied for sixth in the NHL in 5-on-6 goals…Four of the nine goals have come in the two games – Dec. 31 at COL and Feb. 1 vs. STL…Kyle Connor has scored three empty net goals, while Patrik Laine and Blake Wheeler each have two…Wheeler leads the Jets with five points (2G, 3A) on empty net goals this season.
The Jets have scored in the first period in a season-high four consecutive games…The most goals the Jets have scored in the first period of a game this season is two, which has happened nine times…The first period has been Winnipeg’s least productive this season with 38 goals, compared to 62 goals in second periods and 51 goals in third periods…Nikolaj Ehlers leads the Jets with six first period goals this season…Three of Winnipeg’s four shorthanded goals this season have been scored in the first period.
Jack Roslovic scored twice on Saturday to establish a career high with 11 goals this season…His previous high was nine goals last season…Roslovic has four goals in his past seven games…He’s two points shy of the career high 24 points he had last season.
In 33 games since Nov. 16, the Jets have three players in the top 17 in NHL scoring…Kyle Connor is 13th with 37 points (19G, 18), Mark Scheifele is tied for 14th with 36 points (15G, 21A), and Blake Wheeler is 17th with 35 points (11G, 24A)…The Jets are the only team in the NHL with three players in the top 17 in scoring since Nov. 16.
Goaltender Connor Hellebuyck faced 40 shots in a game on Saturday for the seventh time this season, which is the second most in the NHL…He’s 5-1-1 with a 2.29 goals-against average and .947 save percentage in games when he’s faced 40 shots…Hellebuyck has faced 1,335 shots and played 2,379 minutes this season, which is second most in the NHL in both categories.
Jets vs. Predators Information
At Bell MTS Place: 8-7-0
- Winnipeg has won five of their past seven meetings with the Predators.
- The Jets have outscored the Predators 17-6 in the past five games between the two teams.
- Ten of the past 13 meetings between the Jets and Predators have been decided by two goals or less, with six of those games decided by only one goal.
- Winnipeg has just one power play goal in their previous six games against Nashville, going 1-for-15 (6.7%).
- The Jets are 18-for-19 (94.7%) on the penalty kill in their past six games against the Predators.
- Blake Wheeler leads the Jets in career scoring against the Predators with 27 points (14G, 13A) in 34 games…He also has a team-leading three game-winning goals.
- Kyle Connor has 13 points (7G, 6A) in 14 career games against Nashville.
- Blake Wheeler and Mark Scheifele are each 1-for-1 in shootouts against the Predators.
- Goaltender Connor Hellebuyck is 9-6-1 with a 2.61 goals-against average and .925 save percentage in 17 career games against the Predators.
Career Scoring vs. the Predators
Career Goaltending Against the Predators
Former Predators Playing for the Jets
D – Anthony Bitetto
F – Gabriel Bourque
Former Jets Playing for the Predators
- Needs two games played to reach 400 games played in for his NHL career.
- Needs eight goals to reach 100 for his NHL career.
- Needs one goal to pass Marian Hossa (108) for 10th in goals in franchise history.
- Needs two goals to pass Evander Kane (109) for ninth in goals in franchise history.
- Needs seven penalty minutes to reach 300 for his NHL career.
- Needs two games played to pass Jacob Trouba (408) for 12th in games played in franchise history.
- Needs two penalty minutes to reach 300 for his NHL career.
- Needs three goals to pass Dany Heatley (80) for 12th in goals in franchise history.
- Needs four assists to pass Marc Savard (133) for 11th in assists in franchise history.
- Needs seven assists to reach 200 for his NHL career.
- Needs four games played to reach 400 with the Jets franchise.
- Needs three goals to pass Dany Heatley (80) for 13th in goals in franchise history.
- Needs two assists to pass Marc Savard (133) for 11th in assists in franchise history.
- Needs seven assists to reach 100 for his NHL career.
- Needs two assists to pass Toby Enstrom (254) for fifth in assists in franchise history.
- Needs six penalty minutes to reach 100 for his NHL career.
- Needs six penalty minutes to reach 600 for his NHL career.
Recently Accomplished Milestones
- Jan. 9 at BOS – Reached 100 points for his NHL career.
- Jan. 14 vs. VAN – Passed Ondrej Pavelec for the most shutouts in franchise history with 18.
- Jan. 9 at BOS – Reached 100 assists for his NHL career.
- Jan. 6 at MTL – Played in his 400th career NHL game.
- Jan. 31 vs. BOS – Played in his 500th career NHL game.
Jan. 23 – Reassigned D – Cameron Schilling, D – Nelson Nogier, and F – Kristian Vesalainen to the Manitoba Moose
Jan. 26 – Recalled D – Cameron Schilling from the Manitoba Moose (AHL); Reassigned F – Jansen Harkins to the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Jan. 28 – Recalled F – Jansen Harkins from the Manitoba Moose (AHL); Reassigned D – Cameron Schilling to the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Jan. 30 – Recalled D – Cameron Schilling and F – Logan Shaw from the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
|Player||Injury||Date Injured||Games Missed|
|Mark Letestu*||Upper Body||—||46|
|Bryan Little*||Upper Body||Nov. 5 vs NJD||37|
|Nathan Beaulieu*||Lower Body||Dec. 31 at COL||13|
|Tucker Poolman*||Lower Body||Dec. 12 vs. NSH||7|
|Carl Dahlstrom*||Upper Body||Dec. 14 vs. VAN||6|
|Adam Lowry*||Upper Body||Dec. 19 at CHI||4|
|Mathieu Perreault||Upper Body||Jan. 31 vs. BOS||1|
*- Currently on injured reserve
Man-Games Lost: 207
How the Jets Were Built
Drafted (14) – Appleton, Connor, Copp, Ehlers, Harkins, Hellebuyck, Laine, Little, Lowry, Morrissey, Niku, Poolman, Scheifele, Roslovic
Trade (3) – Beaulieu, Pionk, Wheeler
Free Agency (8) – Bitetto, Bourque, Brossoit, Kulikov, Letestu, Perreault, Schilling, Shaw
Waivers (3) – Dahlstrom, Sbisa, Shore
The Manitoba Moose lost 5-2 to the Chicago Wolves on Saturday to split a two-game road trip last weekend…The Moose are four points out of a playoff spot in the Central Division with a record of 21-27-0…Manitoba begins a six-game homestand this week by hosting the Wolves on Thursday and Friday.
TV: TSN3 – Dennis Beyak & Kevin Sawyer
Radio: TSN 1290 – Paul Edmonds & Brian Munz