The Winnipeg Jets host the Chicago Blackhawks tonight for the second time during the Jets six-game homestand…Winnipeg fell to 2-2-0 on the homestand after a 3-2 loss to the San Jose Sharks on Friday night…The Jets finish the homestand on Tuesday against the Los Angeles Kings.
Feb. 14 vs. SJS – 3-2 L
Jets Scorers: Connor (29), Wheeler (18)
Sharks Scorers: Sorensen (6), Karlsson (4), Meier (19)
Jets Goaltender: Connor Hellebuyck (32 sv, 3 ga)
Sharks Goaltender: Aaron Dell (30 sv, 2 ga)
Jets PP: 1-for-4
Jets PK: 3-for-3
Recap: The Jets held a 2-1 lead going into the third period, but lost 3-2 to the San Jose Sharks Friday night…Blake Wheeler paced the Jets with a goal and an assist…Patrik Laine and Mark Scheifele each had a team leading seven shots.
Three Stars: 1. Meier 2. Sorensen 3. Wheeler
Next Five Games
|Feb. 18||7:00 p.m.||Los Angeles||Bell MTS Place||TSN3||TSN 1290|
|Feb. 20||7:30 p.m.||At Ottawa||Canadian Tire Centre||TSN3||TSN 1290|
|Feb. 22||1:00 p.m.||At Philadelphia||Wells Fargo Center||Sportsnet||TSN 1290|
|Feb. 23||3:00 p.m.||At Buffalo||KeyBank Center||TSN3||TSN 1290|
|Feb. 25||7:00 p.m.||At Washington||Capital One Arena||TSN3||TSN 1290|
Winnipeg is 14-14-3 at home this season and are in a stretch of nine of 10 games at Bell MTS Place…The Jets are in the midst of a six-game homestand, which is their longest homestand of the season at Bell MTS Place…The Jets are 3-2-1 in their past six home games…Kyle Connor leads the Jets in scoring at home with 30 points (16G, 14A) in 31 games.
The Jets play the Chicago Blackhawks tonight for the second time during their homestand…The Blackhawks are the only Central Division team the Jets play during the homestand…The pair of games against Chicago are Winnipeg’s only games against a Central Division rival in a span of 19 games…The Jets play Central Division teams in five of their last eight games to end the regular season…Winnipeg is 10-6-4 against their divisional counterparts this season and have posted a winning record in games within the division in each of the past three seasons.
The Jets loss on Friday was the first time this season in 20 games that they lost when leading after the second period…The Jets held a 2-1 lead after the second period…Winnipeg is 19-1-0 this season when leading after the second period.
KC’s Top 40
Kyle Connor scored on Friday to reach a team leading 60 points (29G, 31A) this season…It’s the second consecutive season he’s reached 60 points…In his 40 games since Nov. 14/20, Connor is ninth in the NHL with 47 points (23G, 24A)…His 18.4% shooting percentage in that span is tied for first among the top 15 scorers in the league…Connor has a point in 28 of the 40 games, including 13 multi-point games and five games with three points or more.
Blake Wheeler had a goal and an assist on Friday to reach 39 points (13G, 26A) in his past 36 games…He hasn’t gone consecutive games without a point since Nov. 19-21/19…Friday was also his 16th multi-point game of the season, which ties him with Kyle Connor and Mark Scheifele for the team lead…Wheeler holds the franchise record with 159 multi-point games.
Multiple Shots Fired
While the Jets only had eight players register a shot on goal on Friday, seven of those players had multiple shots…Mark Scheifele paced the Jets with seven shots, while Patrik Laine and Kyle Connor had six shots each, leaving Winnipeg’s top line with 19 of the team’s 31 shots in the game…It’s the second time this season the Jets have had three players have six shots or more in a game (Dec. 5 at DAL – 3-2 OTL).
Jets vs. Blackhawks Information
All-Time Record: 20-19-5
At Bell MTS Place: 7-7-2
- The Jets are 8-3-0 in their past 11 games against the Blackhawks.
- The Jets swept the season series (4-0-0) against Chicago last season for the first time in franchise history when playing multiple games in a season.
- The Jets are 42-for-45 (93.3%) on the penalty kill in their past 18 games against Chicago.
- Winnipeg has outshot Chicago in each of the past six meetings.
- The winning side has scored at least four goals in 10 of the past 11 games between the two teams.
- Blake Wheeler leads the Jets in scoring against the Blackhawks with 30 points (10G, 20A) in 36 career games.
- Mark Scheifele’s eight points (3G, 5A) in four games against the Blackhawks last season is the most points by a Jets a player against Chicago in a single season…He had the game-winning goal in overtime in the first meeting this season (Oct. 12 at CHI – 3-2 OTW) and has a team high three game-winning goals against the Blackhawks…Scheifele has four points (2G, 2A) in four games against the Blackhawks this season.
Career Scoring vs. the Blackhawks
Career Goaltending Against the Blackhawks
Former Blackhawks Playing for the Jets
D – Carl Dahlstrom
Former Jets Playing for the Blackhawks
- Needs four goals to reach 100 for his NHL career.
- Needs eight assists to reach 100 for his NHL career.
- Needs six games played to reach 300 for his NHL career.
- Needs seven penalty minutes to reach 300 for his NHL career.
- Needs two games played to pass Jacob Trouba (408) for 12th in games played in franchise history.
- Needs two penalty minutes to reach 300 for his NHL career.
- Needs three goals to pass Dany Heatley (80) for 12th in goals in franchise history.
- Needs four assists to pass Marc Savard (133) for 11th in assists in franchise history.
- Needs seven assists to reach 200 for his NHL career.
- Needs four games played to reach 400 with the Jets franchise.
- Needs three goals to pass Dany Heatley (80) for 13th in goals in franchise history.
- Needs two assists to pass Marc Savard (133) for 11th in assists in franchise history.
- Needs seven assists to reach 100 for his NHL career.
- Needs six penalty minutes to reach 100 for his NHL career.
- Needs two games played to reach 700 as a member of the Jets franchise.
Recently Accomplished Milestones
- Feb.. 6 at STL – Played in his 400th career NHL game.
- Jan. 31 vs. BOS – Played in his 500th career NHL game.
- Feb. 8 vs. OTT – Reached 600 penalty minutes for his NHL career.
Jan. 23 – Reassigned D – Cameron Schilling, D – Nelson Nogier, and F – Kristian Vesalainen to the Manitoba Moose
Jan. 26 – Recalled D – Cameron Schilling from the Manitoba Moose (AHL); Reassigned F – Jansen Harkins to the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Jan. 28 – Recalled F – Jansen Harkins from the Manitoba Moose (AHL); Reassigned D – Cameron Schilling to the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Jan. 30 – Recalled D – Cameron Schilling and F – Logan Shaw from the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Feb. 4 – Activated D – Nathan Beaulieu from injured reserve; Placed F – Mathieu Perreault on injured reserve
Feb. 5 – Recalled F – Andrei Chibisov from the Manitoba Moose (AHL); Reassigned D – Cameron Schilling to the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Feb. 12 – Reassigned F – Andrei Chibisov to the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Feb. 13 – Recalled F – Andrei Chibisov from the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Feb. 15 – Reassigned F – Andrei Chibisov to the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
|Player||Injury||Date Injured||Games Missed|
|Mark Letestu*||Upper Body||—||52|
|Bryan Little*||Upper Body||Nov. 5 vs NJD||43|
|Carl Dahlstrom*||Upper Body||Dec. 14 vs. VAN||12|
|Adam Lowry*||Upper Body||Dec. 19 at CHI||10|
|Mathieu Perreault*||Upper Body||Jan. 31 vs. BOS||7|
*- Currently on injured reserve
Man-Games Lost: 245
How the Jets Were Built
Drafted (14) – Appleton, Connor, Copp, Ehlers, Harkins, Hellebuyck, Laine, Little, Lowry, Morrissey, Niku, Poolman, Scheifele, Roslovic
Trade (3) – Beaulieu, Pionk, Wheeler
Free Agency (8) – Bitetto, Bourque, Brossoit, Chibisov, Kulikov, Letestu, Perreault, Shaw
Waivers (3) – Dahlstrom, Sbisa, Shore
The Manitoba Moose shut out the Milwaukee Admirals 1-0 last night in the fifth game of their six-game homestand…The Moose are eighth in the Central Division with a record of 23-30-0…The Moose and Admirals also play at Bell MTS Place tomorrow afternoon.
TV: TSN3 – Dennis Beyak & Kevin Sawyer
Radio: TSN 1290 – Paul Edmonds & Brian Munz