The Winnipeg Jets play the fourth game of a six-game homestand tonight when the San Jose Sharks visit Bell MTS Place…The Jets are 2-1-0 on the homestand after a 4-1 loss to the New York Rangers on Tuesday night…The Jets finish the homestand with games against the Chicago Blackhawks on Sunday and Los Angeles Kings on Tuesday.
Feb. 11 vs. NYR – 4-1 L
Jets Scorer: Ehlers (20)
Rangers Scorers: Kreider (21, 22), Strome (13), Zibanejad (23)
Jets Goaltender: Connor Hellebuyck (28 sv, 4 ga)
Rangers Goaltender: Igor Shesterkin (42 sv, 1 ga); Henrik Lundqvist (1 sv, 0 ga)
Jets PP: 0-for-4
Jets PK: 0-for-1
Recap: Nikolaj Ehlers scored in the third period, but the Jets lost 4-1 to the New York Rangers Tuesday night…Patrik Laine led the Jets with seven shots, while Neal Pionk had a team high five blocked shots.
Three Stars: 1. Kreider 2. Zibanejad 3. Shesterkin
Next Five Games
|Feb. 16||7:30 p.m.||Chicago||Bell MTS Place||TSN3||TSN 1290|
|Feb. 18||7:00 p.m.||Los Angeles||Bell MTS Place||TSN3||TSN 1290|
|Feb. 20||7:30 p.m.||At Ottawa||Canadian Tire Centre||TSN3||TSN 1290|
|Feb. 22||1:00 p.m.||At Philadelphia||Wells Fargo Center||Sportsnet||TSN 1290|
|Feb. 23||3:00 p.m.||At Buffalo||KeyBank Center||TSN3||TSN 1290|
Winnipeg is 14-13-3 at home this season and are in a stretch of nine of 10 games at Bell MTS Place…The Jets are in the midst of a six-game homestand, which is their longest homestand of the season at Bell MTS Place…The Jets are 3-1-1 in their past five home games…Kyle Connor leads the Jets in scoring at home with 29 points (15G, 14A) in 30 games…Patrik Laine leads the Jets with 15 goals at home.
Facing the Pacific
The Jets play two of their next three games against Pacific Division squads…Winnipeg is 9-4-0 against the Pacific Division this season for a .692 points percentage, which is their best points percentage against any division this season…The Jets have only played the Pacific Division once since Dec. 9 (Jan. 14 vs. VAN – 4-0 W)…Winnipeg is 7-1-0 in their past eight games against the Pacific Division…Three of the nine wins against the Pacific Division have been in overtime or a shootout…Kyle Connor leads the Jets in scoring against the Pacific Division this season with 17 points (8G, 9A) in 13 games.
Verge of 60
Kyle Connor (28G, 31A) and Mark Scheifele (23G, 36A) each sit with a team leading 59 points in 58 games…The Jets are poised to become the 11th team in the NHL to have a player reach 60 points this season…Only the Boston Bruins and Edmonton Oilers have had two players reach 60 points this season…Scheifele could reach the 60 point mark for the fifth consecutive season, while Kyle Connor reached 60 points last season for the first time in his career.
Nikolaj Ehlers scored his 20th goal of the season on Tuesday to join Kyle Connor (28), Patrik Laine (24), and Mark Scheifele (23) as 20-goal scorers on the Jets this season…The Jets and Tampa Bay Lightning are the only two teams in the NHL with four 20-goal scorers this season…The franchise record for the most 20-goal scorers in a season is five, which has been accomplished five times, including in each of the past three seasons…With 17 goals, Blake Wheeler is the next closest Jets to making it four consecutive seasons.
Defenceman Neal Pionk leads the Jets with 136 hits this season…He’s two hits away from matching the 138 hits he had last season in 15 more games…Pionk has eight games this season with five hits or more…He’s already set career highs in assists (31) and points (37), while matching a career high with six goals.
Kyle Connor was named the NHL’s Second Star of the Week on Monday after leading the NHL with eight points (3G, 5A) last week to help Winnipeg to a 3-0-1 record as the club’s point streak reached five games (4-0-1)…On Thursday, the Jets forward had an assist in the Jets’ 4-2 victory over the St. Louis Blues…On Saturday, Connor recorded four points (1G, 3A) in Winnipeg’s 5-2 win over the Ottawa Senators…The Shelby Township, Mich. native finished the week with three points (2G, 1A) in the Jets’ come-from-behind 5-2 victory over the Chicago Blackhawks.
Jets vs. Sharks Information
All-Time Record: 12-19-3
At Bell MTS Place: 3-6-1
- The Jets have points in five of their past six games (4-1-1) against the Sharks after losing the previous four meetings.
- Three of the past five games against San Jose have been decided by one goal.
- Since relocating to Winnipeg in 2011, the Jets franchise is 9-10-1 against the Sharks.
- The Jets only have one win in the past six games (1-4-1) against the Sharks at Bell MTS Place.
- Winnipeg has a power play goal in three of the past four games against San Jose at Bell MTS Place (3-for-14, 21.4%).
- Blake Wheeler leads the Jets in career scoring against San Jose with 21 points (6G, 15A) in 23 games.
- Mark Scheifele has 13 points (6G, 7A) in 15 career games against the Sharks. Four of his six goals have come on the power play.
- Kyle Connor has four points (1G, 3A) in two games against San Jose this season.
- Goaltender Laurent Brossoit made his NHL debut against the Sharks on Apr. 9/15 when he was a member of the Edmonton Oilers, stopping 49 of 51 shots in a 3-1 loss in his only career appearance against San Jose.
Career Scoring vs. the Sharks
Career Goaltending Against the Sharks
Former Sharks Playing for the Jets
Former Jets Playing for the Sharks
F – Evander Kane
- Needs five goals to reach 100 for his NHL career.
- Needs eight assists to reach 100 for his NHL career.
- Needs seven games played to reach 300 for his NHL career.
- Needs seven penalty minutes to reach 300 for his NHL career.
- Needs two games played to pass Jacob Trouba (408) for 12th in games played in franchise history.
- Needs two penalty minutes to reach 300 for his NHL career.
- Needs three goals to pass Dany Heatley (80) for 12th in goals in franchise history.
- Needs four assists to pass Marc Savard (133) for 11th in assists in franchise history.
- Needs seven assists to reach 200 for his NHL career.
- Needs four games played to reach 400 with the Jets franchise.
- Needs three goals to pass Dany Heatley (80) for 13th in goals in franchise history.
- Needs two assists to pass Marc Savard (133) for 11th in assists in franchise history.
- Needs seven assists to reach 100 for his NHL career.
- Needs six penalty minutes to reach 100 for his NHL career.
- Needs three games played to reach 700 as a member of the Jets franchise.
Recently Accomplished Milestones
- Feb. 6 at STL – Played in his 400th career NHL game.
- Jan. 31 vs. BOS – Played in his 500th career NHL game.
- Feb. 8 vs. OTT – Reached 600 penalty minutes for his NHL career.
Jan. 23 – Reassigned D – Cameron Schilling, D – Nelson Nogier, and F – Kristian Vesalainen to the Manitoba Moose
Jan. 26 – Recalled D – Cameron Schilling from the Manitoba Moose (AHL); Reassigned F – Jansen Harkins to the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Jan. 28 – Recalled F – Jansen Harkins from the Manitoba Moose (AHL); Reassigned D – Cameron Schilling to the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Jan. 30 – Recalled D – Cameron Schilling and F – Logan Shaw from the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Feb. 4 – Activated D – Nathan Beaulieu from injured reserve; Placed F – Mathieu Perreault on injured reserve
Feb. 5 – Recalled F – Andrei Chibisov from the Manitoba Moose (AHL); Reassigned D – Cameron Schilling to the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Feb. 12 – Reassigned F – Andrei Chibisov to the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Feb. 13 – Recalled F – Andrei Chibisov from the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
|Player||Injury||Date Injured||Games Missed|
|Mark Letestu*||Upper Body||—||51|
|Bryan Little*||Upper Body||Nov. 5 vs NJD||42|
|Tucker Poolman*||Lower Body||Dec. 12 vs. NSH||12|
|Carl Dahlstrom*||Upper Body||Dec. 14 vs. VAN||11|
|Adam Lowry*||Upper Body||Dec. 19 at CHI||9|
|Mathieu Perreault*||Upper Body||Jan. 31 vs. BOS||6|
|Luca Sbisa||Lower Body||Feb. 6 at STL||3|
*- Currently on injured reserve
Man-Games Lost: 240
How the Jets Were Built
Drafted (14) – Appleton, Connor, Copp, Ehlers, Harkins, Hellebuyck, Laine, Little, Lowry, Morrissey, Niku, Poolman, Scheifele, Roslovic
Trade (3) – Beaulieu, Pionk, Wheeler
Free Agency (8) – Bitetto, Bourque, Brossoit, Chibisov, Kulikov, Letestu, Perreault, Shaw
Waivers (3) – Dahlstrom, Sbisa, Shore
The Manitoba Moose lost 5-2 to the Rockford IceHogs last night to fall to 22-30-0 on the season…Michael Spacek and JC Lipon scored for the Moose last night…Manitoba finishes a six-game homestand by hosting the Milwaukee Admirals on Saturday and Monday.
TV: TSN3 – Dennis Beyak & Kevin Sawyer
Radio: TSN 1290 –Paul Edmonds & Brian Munz