The Winnipeg Jets continue a six-game homestand tonight by welcoming the New York Rangers to Bell MTS Place for the only time this season…The Jets are 2-0-0 during the homestand so far after 5-2 wins against the Ottawa Senators and Chicago Blackhawks on the weekend…The Jets continue the homestand on Friday against the San Jose Sharks.
Feb. 9 vs. CHI – 5-2 W
Jets Scorers: Connor (27, 28), Wheeler (17), Copp (10), Laine (24)
Blackhawks Scorers: Kubalik (22), Saad (16)
Jets Goaltender: Connor Hellebuyck (24 sv, 2 ga)
Blackhawks Goaltender: Corey Crawford (31 sv, 3 ga)
Jets PP: 1-for-6
Jets PK: 3-for-3
Recap: The Jets erased a 2-0 second period deficit with five unanswered goals en route to a 5-2 win against the Chicago Blackhawks on Sunday…Kyle Connor paced the Jets with two goals and an assist, while Andrew Copp (1G, 1A), Patrik Laine (1G, 1A), and Mark Scheifele (2A) each had two points…Connor Hellebuyck made 17 saves in the second and third periods as part of a 24-save effort.
Three Stars: 1. Copp 2. Wheeler 3. Crawford
Next Five Games
|Feb. 14||7:00 p.m.||San Jose||Bell MTS Place||TSN3||TSN 1290|
|Feb. 16||7:30 p.m.||Chicago||Bell MTS Place||TSN3||TSN 1290|
|Feb. 18||7:00 p.m.||Los Angeles||Bell MTS Place||TSN3||TSN 1290|
|Feb. 20||7:30 p.m.||At Ottawa||Canadian Tire Centre||TSN3||TSN 1290|
|Feb. 22||1:00 p.m.||At Philadelphia||Wells Fargo Center||Sportsnet||TSN 1290|
Winnipeg is 14-12-3 at home this season and are in a stretch of nine of 10 games at Bell MTS Place…The Jets are in the midst of a six-game homestand, which is their longest homestand of the season at Bell MTS Place…The Jets are 3-0-1 in their past four home games…Kyle Connor leads the Jets in scoring at home with 29 points (15G, 14A) in 29 games…Patrik Laine leads the Jets with 15 goals at home.
Setting the Limit
The Jets have held their opponent to two goals in each of their past six games…The 12 goals Winnipeg has allowed since Jan. 31 ranks tied for 10th in the NHL in fewest goals allowed and the two goals against per game is fifth…The Jets have gone 21-3-2 this season when allowing two goals or less and the 26 occurrences ranks tied for fifth in the NHL…This is Winnipeg’s longest streak of allowing two goals or less since relocation in 2011.
Andrew Copp has five points (3G, 2A) in his past five games, including two two-point games in his past three outings…Copp is one goal behind the career high 11 goals he scored last season…He needs eight assists and seven points to match the career high for assists (19) and points (28) he posted during the 2017-18 season.
Kyle Connor was named the NHL’s Second Star of the Week on Monday after leading the NHL with eight points (3G, 5A) last week to help Winnipeg to a 3-0-1 record as the club’s point streak reached five games (4-0-1)…On Thursday, the Jets forward had an assist in the Jets’ 4-2 victory over the St. Louis Blues…On Saturday, Connor recorded four points (1G, 3A) in Winnipeg’s 5-2 win over the Ottawa Senators…The Shelby Township, Mich. native finished the week with three points (2G, 1A) in the Jets’ come-from-behind 5-2 victory over the Chicago Blackhawks.
Helle on Fire
Since representing the Jets as part of the Central Division team in the 2020 NHL All-Star Game, Connor Hellebuyck has gone 3-0-1 with a 1.99 goals-against average and .942 save percentage…He’s stopped 131 of the 139 shots directed his way and has posted a .942 save percentage or better in each start.
Patrik Laine is averaging a point per game since Jan. 9 with 13 points (9G, 4A) in 13 games…He’s averaging a goal per game for his past nine games and has five goals in his past three games…February has been a very productive month during his career with 26 goals and a 23.0% shooting percentage in 40 games…Laine is one goal shy of reaching 25 goals for the fourth consecutive season to start his NHL career.
Jets vs. NY Rangers Information
All-Time Record: 33-37-4
At Bell MTS Place: 3-6-0
- The Jets have won three of their past four games against the Rangers, but lost the first meeting this season.
- The two sides have combined for 24 goals in the past three games between them.
- The road team has won four of the past six games between the Jets and Rangers.
- Winnipeg is 4-for-44 (9.1%) on the power play against the Rangers in the last 14 meetings.
- The Jets are 2-4 in their last six games against the Rangers at Bell MTS Place and are 0-for-18 on the power play in those six games.
- Blake Wheeler leads the Jets in career scoring against the Rangers with 19 points (5G, 14A) in 31 games.
- Nikolaj Ehlers has seven points (2G, 5A) in eight games against the Rangers.
Career Scoring vs. the Rangers
Career Goaltending Against the Rangers
Former Rangers Playing for the Jets
D – Neal Pionk
Former Jets Playing for the Rangers
F – Brendan Lemieux
D – Jacob Trouba
- Needs five goals to reach 100 for his NHL career.
- Needs eight assists to reach 100 for his NHL career.
- Needs one goal to pass Evander Kane (109) for ninth in goals in franchise history.
- Needs eight games played to reach 300 for his NHL career.
- Needs seven penalty minutes to reach 300 for his NHL career.
- Needs two games played to pass Jacob Trouba (408) for 12th in games played in franchise history.
- Needs two penalty minutes to reach 300 for his NHL career.
- Needs three goals to pass Dany Heatley (80) for 12th in goals in franchise history.
- Needs four assists to pass Marc Savard (133) for 11th in assists in franchise history.
- Needs seven assists to reach 200 for his NHL career.
- Needs four games played to reach 400 with the Jets franchise.
- Needs three goals to pass Dany Heatley (80) for 13th in goals in franchise history.
- Needs two assists to pass Marc Savard (133) for 11th in assists in franchise history.
- Needs seven assists to reach 100 for his NHL career.
- Needs six penalty minutes to reach 100 for his NHL career.
- Needs four games played to reach 700 as a member of the Jets franchise.
Recently Accomplished Milestones
- 6 at STL – Played in his 400th career NHL game.
- 31 vs. BOS – Played in his 500th career NHL game.
- 8 vs. OTT – Reached 600 penalty minutes for his NHL career.
Jan. 23 – Reassigned D – Cameron Schilling, D – Nelson Nogier, and F – Kristian Vesalainen to the Manitoba Moose
Jan. 26 – Recalled D – Cameron Schilling from the Manitoba Moose (AHL); Reassigned F – Jansen Harkins to the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Jan. 28 – Recalled F – Jansen Harkins from the Manitoba Moose (AHL); Reassigned D – Cameron Schilling to the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Jan. 30 – Recalled D – Cameron Schilling and F – Logan Shaw from the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Feb. 4 – Activated D – Nathan Beaulieu from injured reserve; Placed F – Mathieu Perreault on injured reserve
Feb. 5 – Recalled F – Andrei Chibisov from the Manitoba Moose (AHL); Reassigned D – Cameron Schilling to the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
|Player||Injury||Date Injured||Games Missed|
|Mark Letestu*||Upper Body||—||50|
|Bryan Little*||Upper Body||Nov. 5 vs NJD||41|
|Tucker Poolman*||Lower Body||Dec. 12 vs. NSH||11|
|Carl Dahlstrom*||Upper Body||Dec. 14 vs. VAN||10|
|Adam Lowry*||Upper Body||Dec. 19 at CHI||8|
|Mathieu Perreault*||Upper Body||Jan. 31 vs. BOS||5|
|Luca Sbisa||Lower Body||Feb. 6 at STL||2|
*- Currently on injured reserve
Man-Games Lost: 233
How the Jets Were Built
Drafted (14) – Appleton, Connor, Copp, Ehlers, Harkins, Hellebuyck, Laine, Little, Lowry, Morrissey, Niku, Poolman, Scheifele, Roslovic
Trade (3) – Beaulieu, Pionk, Wheeler
Free Agency (8) – Bitetto, Bourque, Brossoit, Chibisov, Kulikov, Letestu, Perreault, Shaw
Waivers (3) – Dahlstrom, Sbisa, Shore
The Manitoba Moose split a two-game set with the Chicago Wolves last week to open a six-game homestand…The Moose hold a 22-28-0 record in the AHL’s Central Division and sit four points out of a playoff spot…Manitoba continues their homestand by hosting the Rockford IceHogs on Wednesday and Thursday.
TV: TSN3 – Dennis Beyak & Kevin Sawyer
Radio: TSN 1290 –Paul Edmonds & Brian Munz