The Winnipeg Jets entertain the St. Louis Blues tonight in the second game in as many nights for each team…Winnipeg started a three-game homestand with a 2-1 loss to the Boston Bruins last night…The Jets finish the homestand Tuesday against the Nashville Predators.
Jan. 31 vs. BOS – 2-1 L
Jets Scorers: Laine (18)
Bruins Scorers: Bergeron (22), Debrusk (16)
Jets Goaltender: Laurent Brossoit (23 sv, 2 ga)
Bruins Goaltender: Tuuka Rask (37 sv, 1 ga)
Jets PP: 0-for-6
Jets PK: 2-for-4
Recap: Patrik Laine opened the scoring in the first period, but the Jets lost 2-1 to the Boston Bruins last night…Laine led the Jets with 14 shot attempts, while Nikolaj Ehlers had a team best four hits…Laurent Brossoit stopped 23 of 25 shots in the loss, as the Jets outshot Boston 38-25 in the game and 26-10 in the second and third periods.
Three Stars: 1. Rask 2. Laine 3. Bergeron
Next Five Games
|Feb. 4||7:00 p.m.||Nashville||Bell MTS Place||TSN3||TSN 1290|
|Feb. 6||7:00 p.m.||At St. Louis||Enterprise Center||TSN3||TSN 1290|
|Feb. 8||1:00 p.m.||Ottawa||Bell MTS Place||CBC||TSN 1290|
|Feb. 9||6:00 p.m.||Chicago||Bell MTS Place||Sportsnet||TSN 1290|
|Feb. 11||7:00 p.m.||NY Rangers||Bell MTS Place||TSN3||TSN 1290|
Winnipeg is 11-12-2 at home this season and are in a stretch of nine of 10 games at Bell MTS Place…The Jets are 1-7-1 in their past nine home games after a five-game home winning streak between Nov. 23-Dec. 15…Winnipeg went 18-19-4 on home ice during the 2015-16 season, which is the only time since relocation the Jets have had a home record at or below .500 in a season…Mark Scheifele leads the Jets in scoring at home this season with 23 points (11G, 12A) in 25 games…Kyle Connor has a team-leading 12 goals.
The Jets racked up a season high 35 penalty minutes last night, which included three fighting majors and a 10 minute misconduct…Winnipeg has been one of the least penalized teams this season with an average of 7.4 penalty minutes per game, which is tied for sixth fewest in the NHL…Mark Scheifele leads the Jets in penalty minutes this season with 43, which is 35th in the NHL.
The Jets have 10 back-to-back sets this season, the seventh of which is this weekend…The Jets are 4-3-0 in the first and 2-4-0 in the second game of back-to-backs this season…Four of the six wins have come in overtime or a shootout…The Jets have three back-to-back sets during the next 24 days…Winnipeg went 6-3-0 in the first game and 5-4-0 in the second game of back-to-backs last season.
The Jets have scored first in their past two games…Winnipeg is 17-8-0 this season when scoring first, which is 19th in the NHL this season.
The Jets are 1-7-0 in their past eight games, but have lost by one goal in four of the seven defeats…The Jets have six losses by one goal this season, which is tied for fifth in the NHL.
Goals Piling Up
Patrik Laine scored his 18th goal of the season last night…He has three goals in his past four games and six points (3G, 3A) in his past eight games…He needs two goals to reach 20 goals for the fourth consecutive season to start his NHL career…Laine is averaging .57 goals per game in February, which has been the second most productive month of his career.
Neal Pionk registered his 18th assist at home of the season last night, which continues to add on to his career high…All his points at home this season are assists…Eleven of his 18 assists at home have come on the power play.
Kyle Connor led the Jets in scoring in January with 12 points (5G, 7A) in 12 games…Mark Scheifele also had double digit points last month with 10 points (5G, 5A) in 12 games…Neal Pionk led the Jets with 42 hits in January, while Luca Sbisa had a team best 22 blocked shots.
Jets vs. Blues Information
At Bell MTS Place: 6-6-3
Jets vs. Blues Notes
- The Jets and Blues met in the first round of the 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs. The Blues won the series four-games-to-two en route to winning the Stanley Cup.
- The Jets won three of four games during the regular season last season against the Blues, outscoring St. Louis 18-10.
- Winnipeg has points in five of their past seven regular season games against St. Louis, going 4-2-1.
- The Jets are 14-12-4 in the regular season against St. Louis since the franchise relocated to Winnipeg in 2011.
- Blake Wheeler leads the Jets in career scoring against the Blues with 36 points (15G, 21A) in 33 games, while Mark Scheifele has 25 points (10G, 15A) in 27 games.
- Kyle Connor has 13 points (5G, 8A) in 10 career games against St. Louis, including five multi-point games.
- Patrik Laine is averaging nearly a goal per game against the Blues during his career with 13 goals in 14 games.
- Goaltender Connor Hellebuyck is 6-4-0 against the Blues in the regular season with a 2.08 goals-against average and a .929 save percentage.
Career Scoring vs. the Blues
Career Goaltending Against the Blues
Former Blues Playing for the Jets
Former Jets Playing for the Blues
- Needs three games played to reach 400 games played in for his NHL career.
- Needs eight goals to reach 100 for his NHL career.
- Needs one goal to pass Marian Hossa (108) for 10th in goals in franchise history.
- Needs two goals to pass Evander Kane (109) for ninth in goals in franchise history.
- Needs seven penalty minutes to reach 300 for his NHL career.
- Needs two games played to pass Jacob Trouba (408) for 12th in games played in franchise history.
- Needs two penalty minutes to reach 300 for his NHL career.
- Needs three goals to pass Dany Heatley (80) for 12th in goals in franchise history.
- Needs four assists to pass Marc Savard (133) for 11th in assists in franchise history.
- Needs seven assists to reach 200 for his NHL career.
- Needs four games played to reach 400 with the Jets franchise.
- Needs three goals to pass Dany Heatley (80) for 13th in goals in franchise history.
- Needs two assists to pass Marc Savard (133) for 11th in assists in franchise history.
- Needs seven assists to reach 100 for his NHL career.
- Needs four assists to pass Toby Enstrom (254) for fifth in assists in franchise history.
- Needs six penalty minutes to reach 100 for his NHL career.
- Needs six penalty minutes to reach 600 for his NHL career.
Recently Accomplished Milestones
- 9 at BOS – Reached 100 points for his NHL career.
- 14 vs. VAN – Passed Ondrej Pavelec for the most shutouts in franchise history with 18.
- 9 at BOS – Reached 100 assists for his NHL career.
- 6 at MTL – Played in his 400th career NHL game.
- 31 vs. BOS – Played in his 500th career NHL game.
Jan. 10 – Reassigned F – Logan Shaw to the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Jan. 16 – Placed D – Carl Dahlstrom and D – Tucker Poolman on injured reserve
Jan. 17 – Recalled D – Cameron Schilling from the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Jan. 18 – Recalled D – Nelson Nogier from the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Jan. 20 – Recalled F – Kristian Vesalainen from the Manitoba Moose (AHL); Placed Adam Lowry on injured reserve
Jan. 23 – Reassigned D – Cameron Schilling, D – Nelson Nogier, and F – Kristian Vesalainen to the Manitoba Moose
Jan. 26 – Recalled D – Cameron Schilling from the Manitoba Moose (AHL); Reassigned F – Jansen Harkins to the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Jan. 28 – Recalled F – Jansen Harkins from the Manitoba Moose (AHL); Reassigned D – Cameron Schilling to the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Jan. 30 – Recalled D – Cameron Schilling and F – Logan Shaw from the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
|Player||Injury||Date Injured||Games Missed|
|Mark Letestu*||Upper Body||—||45|
|Bryan Little*||Upper Body||Nov. 5 vs NJD||36|
|Nathan Beaulieu*||Lower Body||Dec. 31 at COL||12|
|Tucker Poolman*||Lower Body||Dec. 12 vs. NSH||6|
|Carl Dahlstrom*||Upper Body||Dec. 14 vs. VAN||5|
|Adam Lowry*||Upper Body||Dec. 19 at CHI||3|
*- Currently on injured reserve
Man-Games Lost: 200
How the Jets Were Built
Drafted (14) – Appleton, Connor, Copp, Ehlers, Harkins, Hellebuyck, Laine, Little, Lowry, Morrissey, Niku, Poolman, Scheifele, Roslovic
Trade (3) – Beaulieu, Pionk, Wheeler
Free Agency (8) – Bitetto, Bourque, Brossoit, Kulikov, Letestu, Perreault, Schilling, Shaw
Waivers (3) – Dahlstrom, Sbisa, Shore
The Manitoba Moose beat the Rockford IceHogs 4-3 in a shootout last night…JC Lipon had a pair of goals and the winning goal in the shootout…Manitoba finishes their road trip tonight against the Chicago Wolves.
TV: Sportsnet –
Radio: TSN 1290 – Dennis Beyak, Paul Edmonds & Brian Munz