The Winnipeg Jets play their last game before the all-star/player break tonight when they visit the Columbus Blue Jackets to end a three-game road trip…The Jets lost 4-1 to the Carolina Hurricanes last night and are winless on the trip so far…After an eight-day hiatus, the Jets resume their schedule by hosting the Boston Bruins on Jan. 31, which begins a stretch of nine of 10 games at home.
Jan. 21 at CAR – 4-1 L
Jets Scorers: Laine (17)
Hurricanes Scorers: Necas (12), Williams (1, 2), Teravainen (10)
Jets Goaltender: Connor Hellebuyck (25 sv, 4 ga)
Hurricanes Goaltender: Petr Mrazek (16 sv, 1 ga)
Jets PP: 0-for-4
Jets PK: 4-for-5
Recap: The Jets lost 4-1 to the Carolina Hurricanes last night…Patrik Laine scored the lone goal for the Jets and led the team with six shots…Luca Sbisa and Dmitry Kulikov each paced the Jets with four hits.
Three Stars: 1. Williams 2. Teravainen 3. Svechnikov
Next Five Games
|Jan. 31||7:00 p.m.||Boston||Bell MTS Place||TSN3||TSN 1290|
|Feb. 1||7:00 p.m.||St. Louis||Bell MTS Place||Sportsnet||TSN 1290|
|Feb. 4||7:00 p.m.||Nashville||Bell MTS Place||TSN3||TSN 1290|
|Feb. 6||7:00 p.m.||At St. Louis||Enterprise Center||TSN3||TSN 1290|
|Feb. 8||1:00 p.m.||Ottawa||Bell MTS Place||CBC||TSN 1290|
On the Road
The Jets are 14-10-2 on the road this season, which places them tied for the third in the NHL…The Jets have lost three consecutive road games in regulation for the first time this season…Mark Scheifele ranks tied for seventh in the NHL in road scoring with 31 points (12G, 19A) in 25 games.
Tale of Two Special Teams
The Jets are 12-for-13 (92.3%) on the penalty kill in their past five games…Winnipeg ranks seventh in the NHL in penalty kill percentage in January at 86.7%…The Jets power play has gone 1-for-16 (6.3%) in its past five games…It’s the lowest it’s been in the five-game segment this season.
The Jets have 10 back-to-back sets this season, the sixth of which is this week…The Jets are 4-2-0 in the first and 2-3-0 in the second game of back-to-backs this season…Four of the six wins have come in overtime or a shootout…Winnipeg went 6-3-0 in the first game and 5-4-0 in the second game of back-to-backs last season.
Forward Mark Scheifele and goaltender Connor Hellebuyck are representing the Jets at the 2020 NHL All-Star event in St. Louis this weekend…Scheifele leads the Jets in scoring with 54 points (23G, 31A) in 50 games, while Hellebuyck is 21-16-4 with a 2.74 goals-against average and .917 save percentage…Scheifele also represented the Jets last season, while Hellebuyck played in the 2018 event…This is the third consecutive season the Jets have had two players named to the Central Division’s all-star team.
Shore in the Circle
Nick Shore has won eight face-offs in consecutive games…He’s gone 16-for-22 (72.3%) in the face-off circle in the past two games…Shore has won a career high 55.7 percent of his face-offs this season.
Patrik Laine has scored in consecutive games for the fourth time this season, but has yet to extend a goal streak to three games…Laine had three goal scoring streaks of three games or longer last season…With his goal last night, he’s five points shy of matching the 50 points he had last season.
Jets vs. Blue Jackets Information
At Bell MTS Place: 4-3-0
Media Guide Page: http://jetsmedia.ca/columbus-blue-jackets
- The Jets have points in 10 of their past 13 games (9-3-1) against the Blue Jackets, including three consecutive wins.
- Winnipeg has been outshot by Columbus in each of the past seven games between the two teams.
- This is the 15th meeting between the Jets and Blue Jackets since the Jets relocated to Winnipeg…The Jets hold an 9-4-1 advantage in the 14 games.
- Blake Wheeler has 17 points (8G, 9A) in 16 career games against Columbus, including four goals against the Blue Jackets last season on Mar. 3/19 in a 5-2 win…Wheeler’s 17 points have come in his past 11 games against Columbus.
- Mathieu Perreault has 11 points (5G, 6A) in nine career games against the Blue Jackets, including 10 points (4G, 6A) in his past six games…He holds a 35.7% career shooting percentage against Columbus.
- Goaltender Connor Hellebuyck is a perfect 4-0 against the Blue Jackets during his career.
Career Scoring vs. the Blue Jackets
Career Goaltending Against the Blue Jackets
Former Blue Jackets Playing for the Jets
F – Mark Letestu
Former Jets Playing for the Blue Jackets
- Needs five games played to reach 400 games played in for his NHL career.
- Needs nine goals to reach 100 for his NHL career.
- Needs one goal to pass Marian Hossa (108) for 10th in goals in franchise history.
- Needs two goals to pass Evander Kane (109) for ninth in goals in franchise history.
- Needs seven penalty minutes to reach 300 for his NHL career.
- Needs three games played to pass Jacob Trouba (408) for 12th in games played in franchise history.
- Needs two penalty minutes to reach 300 for his NHL career.
- Needs three goals to pass Dany Heatley (80) for 12th in goals in franchise history.
- Needs four assists to pass Marc Savard (133) for 11th in assists in franchise history.
- Needs seven assists to reach 200 for his NHL career.
- Needs six games played to reach 400 with the Jets franchise.
- Needs three goals to pass Dany Heatley (80) for 13th in goals in franchise history.
- Needs two assists to pass Marc Savard (133) for 11th in assists in franchise history.
- Needs nine assists to reach 100 for his NHL career.
- Needs two games played to reach 500 for his NHL career.
- Needs four assists to pass Toby Enstrom (254) for fifth in assists in franchise history.
- Needs eight penalty minutes to reach 100 for his NHL career.
- Needs six penalty minutes to reach 600 for his NHL career.
Assistant Equipment Manager Mark Grehan
- Needs one game for 1,000 professional games.
Recently Accomplished Milestones
- Jan. 9 at BOS – Reached 100 points for his NHL career.
- Jan. 14 vs. VAN – Passed Ondrej Pavelec for the most shutouts in franchise history with 18.
- Jan. 9 at BOS – Reached 100 assists for his NHL career.
- Jan. 6 at MTL – Played in his 400th career NHL game.
Dec. 13 – Loaned F – David Gustafsson to Sweden for the 2020 World Junior Championship
Dec. 18 – Placed F – Andrew Copp and F – Mathieu Perreault on injured reserve; Recalled F – Mason Appleton and F – Jansen Harkins from the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Dec. 19 – Claimed G – Eric Comrie off waivers from the Detroit Red Wings
Dec. 28 – Placed G – Eric Comrie on waivers
Dec. 29 – Reassigned G – Eric Comrie to the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Dec. 31 – Activated F – Mathieu Perreault from injured reserve
Jan. 2 – Reassigned F – Joona Luoto to the Manitoba Moose (AHL); Recalled D – Sami Niku from the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Jan. 6 – Activated F – Andrew Copp from injured reserve; Placed D – Nathan Beaulieu on injured reserve.
Jan. 9 – Activated D – Dmitry Kulikov from injured reserve; Placed F – Logan Shaw on waivers; Reassigned F – David Gustafsson to the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Jan. 10 – Reassigned F – Logan Shaw to the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Jan. 16 – Placed D – Carl Dahlstrom and D – Tucker Poolman on injured reserve
Jan. 17 – Recalled D – Cameron Schilling from the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Jan. 18 – Recalled D – Nelson Nogier from the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
|Player||Injury||Date Injured||Games Missed|
|Mark Letestu*||Upper Body||—||43|
|Bryan Little*||Upper Body||Nov. 5 vs NJD||34|
|Nathan Beaulieu*||Lower Body||Dec. 31 at COL||10|
|Tucker Poolman*||Lower Body||Dec. 12 vs. NSH||4|
|Carl Dahlstrom*||Upper Body||Dec. 14 vs. VAN||3|
*- Currently on injured reserve
Man-Games Lost: 187
How the Jets Were Built
Drafted (15) – Appleton, Connor, Copp, Ehlers, Harkins, Hellebuyck, Laine, Little, Lowry, Morrissey, Niku, Nogier, Poolman, Scheifele, Roslovic
Trade (3) – Beaulieu, Pionk, Wheeler
Free Agency (7) – Bitetto, Bourque, Brossoit, Kulikov, Letestu, Perreault, Schilling
Waivers (3) – Dahlstrom, Sbisa, Shore
The Manitoba Moose split a two-game set with the Laval Rocket last weekend by beating Laval 5-1 on Sunday afternoon at Bell MTS Place…Michael Spacek and JC Lipon each had a goal and an assist in the win for the Moose, who occupy seventh place in the AHL’s Central Division with a 20-24-0 record…Manitoba plays their next four games on the road, beginning Friday against the Iowa Wild.
TV: Sportsnet – Dave Randorf & Garry Galley
Radio: TSN 1290 – Dennis Beyak, Paul Edmonds & Brian Munz