The Winnipeg Jets continue a three-game homestand tonight with the middle game against the Vancouver Canucks…The Jets were shut out 1-0 by the Nashville Predators on Sunday on the first game of the homestand…Winnipeg plays their last home game before the all-star break on Friday against the Tampa Bay Lightning.
Jan. 12 vs. NSH – 1-0 L
Jets Scorers: None
Predators Scorers: Turris (6)
Jets Goaltender: Connor Hellebuyck (31 sv, 1 ga)
Predators Goaltender: Juuse Saros (28 sv, 0 ga)
Jets PP: 0-for-2
Jets PK: 1-for-1
Recap: The Jets outshot the Predators 10-8 in the third period, but couldn’t find the equalizer in a 1-0 loss on Sunday…Connor Hellebuyck made 31 saves in a losing cause…Patrik Laine and Josh Morrissey led the Jets with five shots each…Neal Pionk led the Jets with six hits.
Three Stars: 1. Saros 2. Hellebuyck 3. Turris
Next Five Games
|Jan. 17||7:00 p.m.||Tampa Bay||Bell MTS Place||TSN3||TSN 1290|
|Jan. 19||6:00 p.m.||At Chicago||United Center||Sportsnet||TSN 1290|
|Jan. 21||7:00 p.m.||At Carolina||PNC Arena||TSN3||TSN 1290|
|Jan. 22||7:30 p.m.||At Columbus||Nationwide Arena||Sportsnet||TSN 1290|
|Jan. 31||7:00 p.m.||Boston||Bell MTS Place||TSN3||TSN 1290|
Home, Sour Home
The Jets are winless in their past six home games, going 0-5-1…The winless streak comes after a five-game winning streak from Nov. 23-Dec. 15…The Jets have been outscored 28-13 on home ice during the winless streak, but outscored their opponents 24-10 during the five-game winning streak…Overall, the Jets are 10-10-2 at home this season, which ranks 28th in the NHL…Mark Scheifele leads the Jets in scoring at home with 22 points (11G, 11A) in 22 games…He’s the only Jets player to surpass 20 points at home this season.
Winnipeg’s past five games have been decided by one goal…The Jets are 14-4-4 in one-goal games this season, which is tied for the third most wins in the NHL.
High Event Seconds
The Jets are fifth in the NHL with 56 goals in second periods this season, while allowing the second most goals in second period with 58…Winnipeg is eighth in the NHL with 520 shots in second periods and have allowed the fifth most shots against in second periods with 544…Winnipeg has outscored their opposition 47-41 in third periods, which is their only period with a positive goal differential.
If I May Be So Forward…
Winnipeg has four forwards that have reached 40 points this season, which is only matched in the NHL by the Canucks…Jets forwards have accounted for 89.9% of the team’s goals, which is third in the NHL, and 75.5% of the team’s points, which ranks 11th…Winnipeg’s forwards have scored 20 of the team’s 21 game-winning goals this season.
Jets 40-Point Men
Josh Morrissey and Neal Pionk each played more than 25 minutes in Sunday’s game against Nashville…Pionk has played at least 25 minutes in three of his past five games…Pionk leads the Jets in ice time per game this season with 23:20, while Morrissey is second at 22:59…Pionk is playing more than two minutes more per game than he played last season.
Mark Scheifele (4G, 3A) leads the Jets in scoring January with seven points in six games…Scheifele has a 50% shooting percentage this month with four goals on eight shots…Kyle Connor (2G, 4A) and Blake Wheeler (1G, 5A) are also averaging a point per game with six points in six games.
Heating Up January
Despite the Jets scoring only eight goals (excluding shootouts) in his past four starts, goaltender Connor Hellebuyck has gone 2-1-1 with a 2.20 goals-against average and .933 save percentage…January has been one of the Hellebuyck’s best months during this career with an all-time record of 22-13-4 with a 2.56 GAA And .919 SV% in the first month of the year.
Jets vs. Canucks Information
All-Time Record: 17-11-3
At Bell MTS Place: 9-0-1
- The Jets have won nine games in a row against Vancouver and have outscored the Canucks 31-10 in the nine games.
- Winnipeg has won 13 of the past 14 games against the Canucks and have points in 16 of the past 18 meetings (14-2-2).
- The Jets have held the Canucks to two goals or less in 11 of the past 13 meetings.
- The Jets have outscored Vancouver 22-5 in the past seven meetings at Bell MTS Place.
- Winnipeg is 30-for-32 (93.8%) on the penalty kill in their past 12 games against the Canucks.
- Mathieu Perreault leads the Jets in career scoring against the Canucks with 17 points (4G, 13A) in 20 games.
- Kyle Connor has eight points (2G, 6A) in six career games against Vancouver.
- Goaltender Connor Hellebuyck has faced Vancouver six times, going 6-1-0 with a 1.58 goals-against average and .944 save percentage, while Laurent Brossoit is 2-0-0 with a 0.76 goals-against average and .974 save percentage.
Career Scoring vs. Canucks
Career Goaltending Against Canucks
Former Canucks Playing for the Jets
D – Luca Sbisa
Former Jets Playing for the Canucks
D – Tyler Myers
- Needs one goal to pass Marian Hossa (108) for 10th in goals in franchise history.
- Needs one shutout to pass Ondrej Pavelec (17) for the most shutouts in franchise history.
- Needs seven penalty minutes to reach 300 for his NHL career.
- Needs four penalty minutes to reach 300 for his NHL career.
- Needs three goals to pass Dany Heatley (80) for 12th in goals in franchise history.
- Needs four assists to pass Marc Savard (133) for 11th in assists in franchise history.
Recently Accomplished Milestones
- Jan. 9 at BOS – Reached 100 points for his NHL career.
- Jan. 9 at BOS – Reached 100 assists for his NH career.
- Jan. 6 at MTL – Played in his 400th career NHL game.
Dec. 13 – Loaned F – David Gustafsson to Sweden for the 2020 World Junior Championship
Dec. 18 – Placed F – Andrew Copp and F – Mathieu Perreault on injured reserve; Recalled F – Mason Appleton and F – Jansen Harkins from the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Dec. 19 – Claimed G – Eric Comrie off waivers from the Detroit Red Wings
Dec. 28 – Placed G – Eric Comrie on waivers
Dec. 29 – Reassigned G – Eric Comrie to the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Dec. 31 – Activated F – Mathieu Perreault from injured reserve
Jan. 2 – Reassigned F – Joona Luoto to the Manitoba Moose (AHL); Recalled D – Sami Niku from the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Jan. 6 – Activated F – Andrew Copp from injured reserve; Placed D – Nathan Beaulieu on injured reserve.
Jan. 9 – Activated D – Dmitry Kulikov from injured reserve; Placed F – Logan Shaw on waivers; Reassigned F – David Gustafsson to the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Jan. 10 – Reassigned F – Logan Shaw to the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
|Player||Injury||Date Injured||Games Missed|
|Mark Letestu*||Upper Body||—||39|
|Bryan Little*||Upper Body||Nov. 5 vs NJD||30|
|Nathan Beaulieu*||Lower Body||Dec. 31 at COL||6|
*- Currently on injured reserve
Man-Games Lost: 172
How the Jets Were Built
Drafted (14) – Appleton, Connor, Copp, Ehlers, Harkins, Hellebuyck, Laine, Little, Lowry, Morrissey, Niku, Poolman, Scheifele, Roslovic
Trade (3) – Beaulieu, Pionk, Wheeler
Free Agency (6) – Bitetto, Bourque, Brossoit, Kulikov, Letestu, Perreault
Waivers (3) – Dahlstrom, Sbisa, Shore
The Manitoba Moose began a four-game homestand last night at Bell MTS Place with a 5-3 loss to the Belleville Senators…The Moose are seventh in the Central Division with a 18-23-0 record…Manitoba continues the homestand tomorrow against Belleville.
TV: TSN3 – Dennis Beyak & Ray Ferarro
Radio: TSN 1290 – Paul Edmonds & Brian Munz