The Winnipeg Jets begin a three-game homestand this afternoon by entertaining the Nashville Predators at Bell MTS Place…The Jets are coming off a successful 2-1-1 road trip, which ended with a 5-4 loss to the Boston Bruins on Thursday…The middle game of the homestand goes Tuesday against the Vancouver Canucks.
Jan. 9 at BOS – 5-4 L
Jets Scorers: Connor (22), Copp (7), Pionk (4), Scheifele (22)
Bruins Scorers: Pastrnak (33, 34, 35), Debrusk (12, 13)
Jets Goaltender: Laurent Brossoit (31 sv, 5 ga)
Bruins Goaltender: Jaroslav Halak (17 sv, 4 ga)
Jets PP: 2-for-2
Jets PK: 3-for-4
Recap: The Jets held the lead three times, but lost 5-4 to the Boston Bruins in a back-and-forth affair on Thursday…Mark Scheifele (1G, 1A), Kyle Connor (1G, 1A) and Nikolaj Ehlers (2A) each had two points for the Jets, while Neal Pionk and Andrew Copp had the other goals…Anthony Bitetto led the team with six hits.
Three Stars: 1. Pastrnak 2. DeBrusk 3. Connor
Next Five Games
|Jan. 14||7:00 p.m.||Vancouver||Bell MTS Place||TSN3||TSN 1290|
|Jan. 17||7:00 p.m.||Tampa Bay||Bell MTS Place||TSN3||TSN 1290|
|Jan. 19||6:00 p.m.||At Chicago||United Center||Sportsnet||TSN 1290|
|Jan. 21||7:00 p.m.||At Carolina||PNC Arena||TSN3||TSN 1290|
|Jan. 22||7:30 p.m.||At Columbus||Nationwide Arena||Sportsnet||TSN 1290|
Home, Sour Home
The Jets are winless in their past five home games, going 0-4-1…The winless streak comes after a five-game winning streak from Nov. 23-Dec. 15…The Jets have been outscored 27-13 on home ice during the winless streak, but outscored their opponents 24-10 during the five-game winning streak…Overall, the Jets are 10-9-0 at home this season, which ranks 28th in the NHL…Mark Scheifele leads the Jets in scoring at home with 22 points (11G, 11A) in 21 games…He’s the only Jets player to surpass 20 points at home this season.
The Jets are 6-1-1 in afternoon games this season, including 3-0-0 at home…The six wins have tied a franchise record for most wins in afternoon games in a season, which was also done during the 2002-03 and 2016-17 seasons…Winnipeg plays 14 afternoon games this season, which is the most in a season in franchise history…The previous high was 11 during the 2013-14 and 2016-17 seasons…Blake Wheeler leads the Jets in scoring in day games this season with 13 points (3G, 10A) in eight games, while Mark Scheifele has a team best six goals, including three game-winning goals…Goaltender Connor Hellebuyck has played all eight afternoon games, posting a 2.00 goals-against average and .937 save percentage.
All four games during Winnipeg’s recent road trip were decided by one goal, including two in extra time…The Jets are 14-3-4 in one-goal games this season, which is tied for the third most wins in the NHL.
Power Play Getting Hot
The Jets went a perfect 2-for-2 on the power play on Thursday…It marks the third time in 13 games since Dec. 15/19 that the Jets have scored multiple power play goals in a game…Winnipeg is 13-for-35 (37.5%) on the power play in the 13 games…Five different players have scored the Jets past five power play goals.
The Jets are 7-4-3 against fellow Central Division teams this season, which places them third in intra-division games…Winnipeg is 1-1-2 in their past four Central Division games…Mark Scheifele leads the Jets in scoring against the Central Division this season with 17 points (7G, 10A) in 14 games…Patrik Laine and Kyle Connor each have a team best eight goals.
Patrik Laine and Andrew Copp each reached a 100 milestone on Thursday…Laine reached 100 career assists, while Copp reached 100 career points…Laine is the third member of the 2016 NHL Draft class to reach 100 assists and is the 40th Finnish-born player to reach the milestone in NHL history…A fourth-round selection in 2013, Copp is the only player from the 2013 NHL Draft selected after the third round to reach 100 career points.
Blake Wheeler has an assist in four consecutive games to match the season high by a member of the Jets for longest assist streak this season…After having 12 points (5G, 7A) in his first 23 games this season, Wheeler has 28 points (9G, 19A) in his past 22 games.
Jets vs. Predators Information
At Bell MTS Place: 8-6-0
Media Guide Page: http://jetsmedia.ca/nashville-predators
- Winnipeg has won four consecutive games against Nashville and five of their past six meeting.
- The Jets have outscored the Predators 17-5 in the four straight wins.
- Nine of the past 12 meetings between the Jets and Predators have been decided by two goals or less, with five of those games decided by only one goal.
- Winnipeg has just one power play goal in their previous five games against Nashville, going 1-for-13 (7.7%).
- The Jets are 17-for-18 (94.4%) on the penalty kill in their past five games against the Predators.
- Since relocating to Winnipeg, the Jets and Predators have played only one game with a combined goal total of two or less (2-0 L on Oct. 17, 2014).
- Blake Wheeler leads the Jets in career scoring against the Predators with 27 points (14G, 13A) in 33 games…He also has a team-leading three game-winning goals.
- Kyle Connor has 13 points (7G, 6A) in 13 career games against Nashville.
- Goaltender Connor Hellebuyck is 9-5-1 with a 2.71 goals-against average and .923 save percentage in 16 career games against the Predators.
Career Scoring vs. Predators
Career Goaltending Against Predators
Former Predators Playing for the Jets
D – Anthony Bitetto
F – Gabriel Bourque
Former Jets Playing for the Predators
- Needs one goal to pass Marian Hossa (108) for 10th in goals in franchise history.
- Needs one shutout to pass Ondrej Pavelec (17) for the most shutouts in franchise history.
- Needs seven penalty minutes to reach 300 for his NHL career.
- Needs four penalty minutes to reach 300 for his NHL career.
- Needs three goals to pass Dany Heatley (80) for 12th in goals in franchise history.
- Needs four assists to pass Marc Savard (133) for 11th in assists in franchise history.
Recently Accomplished Milestones
- 9 at BOS – Reached 100 points for his NHL career.
- 9 at BOS – Reached 100 assists for his NH career.
- 6 at MTL – Played in his 400th career NHL game.
Dec. 13 – Loaned F – David Gustafsson to Sweden for the 2020 World Junior Championship
Dec. 18 – Placed F – Andrew Copp and F – Mathieu Perreault on injured reserve; Recalled F – Mason Appleton and F – Jansen Harkins from the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Dec. 19 – Claimed G – Eric Comrie off waivers from the Detroit Red Wings
Dec. 28 – Placed G – Eric Comrie on waivers
Dec. 29 – Reassigned G – Eric Comrie to the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Dec. 31 – Activated F – Mathieu Perreault from injured reserve
Jan. 2 – Reassigned F – Joona Luoto to the Manitoba Moose (AHL); Recalled D – Sami Niku from the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Jan. 6 – Activated F – Andrew Copp from injured reserve; Placed D – Nathan Beaulieu on injured reserve.
Jan. 9 – Activated D – Dmitry Kulikov from injured reserve; Placed F – Logan Shaw on waivers; Reassigned F – David Gustafsson to the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Jan. 10 – Reassigned F – Logan Shaw to the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
|Player||Injury||Date Injured||Games Missed|
|Mark Letestu*||Upper Body||—||38|
|Bryan Little*||Upper Body||Nov. 5 vs NJD||29|
|Nathan Beaulieu*||Lower Body||Dec. 31 at COL||5|
*- Currently on injured reserve
Man-Games Lost: 169
How the Jets Were Built
Drafted (14) – Appleton, Connor, Copp, Ehlers, Harkins, Hellebuyck, Laine, Little, Lowry, Morrissey, Niku, Poolman, Scheifele, Roslovic
Trade (3) – Beaulieu, Pionk, Wheeler
Free Agency (6) – Bitetto, Bourque, Brossoit, Kulikov, Letestu, Perreault
Waivers (3) – Dahlstrom, Sbisa, Shore
The Manitoba Moose lost 6-2 to the Grand Rapids Griffins and lost all three games of their road trip last week…Manitoba sits in seventh place in the Central Division with a record of 18-22-0…Manitoba returns home for a four-game homestand, which begins Monday against Belleville Senators.
TV: TSN3 – Dennis Beyak & Kevin Sawyer
Radio: TSN 1290 – Paul Edmonds & Brian Munz