The Winnipeg Jets visit the Dallas Stars tonight in the second half of a home-and-home set…The Jets beat the Stars 5-1 on Tuesday night at Bell MTS Place in the first game…After tonight’s game, the Jets return to Winnipeg to host the Anaheim Ducks on Sunday afternoon.
Dec. 3 vs. DAL – 5-1 W
Jets Scorers: Ehlers (13), Connor (11), Morrissey (3), Laine (8), Scheifele (10)
Stars Scorer: Heiskanen (7)
Jets Goaltender: Connor Hellebuyck (27 sv, 1 ga)
Stars Goaltender: Anton Khudobin (25 sv, 5 ga)
Jets PP: 0-for-3
Jets PK: 3-for-3
Recap: The Jets broke the game open with three goals in the second period en route to a 5-1 win against the Dallas Stars on Tuesday night…Kyle Connor led the Jets with a goal and two assists, while Nikolaj Ehlers, Patrik Laine, Josh Morrissey, and Mark Scheifele each had a goal and an assist…Blake Wheeler led the Jets in the face-off circle by winning 18-of-21 face-offs (85.7%)…Connor Hellebuyck turned away 27 shots, including 14 in the third period, to earn the win.
Three Stars: 1. Scheifele 2. Ehlers 3. Connor
Next Five Games
|Dec. 8||2:00 p.m.||Anaheim||Bell MTS Place||TSN3||TSN 1290|
|Dec. 10||7:00 pm.||Detroit||Bell MTS Place||TSN3||TSN 1290|
|Dec. 12||7:30 p.m.||At Detroit||Little Caesars Arena||TSN3||TSN 1290|
|Dec. 15||4:00 p.m.||Philadelphia||Bell MTS Place||TSN3||TSN 1290|
|Dec. 17||7:00 p.m.||Carolina||Bell MTS Place||TSN3||TSN 1290|
After playing nine of 14 games on the road in November, the Jets play eight of 13 games at home in December…Winnipeg has three home-and-home sets this month – Dec. 3 and 5 against Dallas; Dec. 10 and 12 against Detroit, and Dec. 27 and 29 against St. Louis…The Jets went 11-4-0 in December last season, which set a franchise record for most wins in December…Blake Wheeler leads Jets players in career scoring in December with 123 points (37G, 86A) in 138 games.
The Jets are 10-5-0 on the road this season, which is tied for the second most wins in the NHL…Winnipeg has won seven of their past nine road games, including matching a franchise record with five consecutive road wins from Nov. 1-19/19…tonight ends a stretch of the Jets playing eight of 10 games on the road…The eight games are being played across three time zones and on both coasts…The Jets have not lost consecutive road games this season…Patrik Laine (4G, 13A) leads the Jets in scoring on the road with 17 points in 15 games.
The Jets matched a season high by scoring five goals on Tuesday…Winnipeg has scored five times in a game on four occasions this season, including twice in their past four games…The Jets have scored between two and five goals in nine of their past 10 games and their goals for per game this season has a standard deviation of 1.46, which is ninth smallest in the NHL…The Jets are averaging 2.86 goals per game this season and have the second most wins of any team in the NHL averaging less than three goals per game.
The Jets are 4-1-0 in their past five games and have surrendered just seven goals in that span of contests…Winnipeg has allowed three goals or less in eight of their past nine games…The Jets are averaging 2.71 goals against this season, which is seventh fewest in the NHL.
The Jets are 5-2-0 against divisional opponents this season…The Jets are 12-6-0 against the Western Conference this season, which is tied for the NHL lead in wins against the Western Conference…The Jets are in the midst of eight of nine games against the Western Conference…Kyle Connor leads the Jets in scoring against the Western Conference with 17 points (8G, 9A) in 17 games.
In their past eight games, the Jets are 19-for-22 (86.4%) on the penalty kill and haven’t allowed a power play goal against in seven of the eight games…The only blemish was three power play goals allowed on Nov. 23 vs. CBJ in a 4-3 win.
Shut It Down
Goaltender Connor Hellebuyck has allowed one goal or less in three consecutive starts and five of his past six appearances…In his last four games, Hellebuyck is 4-0-0 and has stopped 88 of 90 shots for a .978 save percentage…He’s allowed two goals or less in 14 games in which he’s started this season, which leads the NHL.
The Jets had a season high five players produce a multi-point game on Tuesday…The previous high was three players in a game (Oct. 4 at NJD, Oct. 10 vs. MIN, Nov. 16 at TBL, and Nov. 27 at SJS)…Kyle Connor, Patrik Laine, Mark Scheifele, and Blake Wheeler lead the Jets with six multi-point games each this season.
Wheelin’ in the Circle
Blake Wheeler won a season high 16 face-offs on Tuesday…He’s won 35-of-51 (68.6%) face-offs against Dallas this season, including 14-of-21 on Nov. 10…Wheeler is 54.8% (102-for-186) in the face-off circle this season, which is the first time in his career he’s been better than 50% in a season.
Jets vs. Stars Information
All-Time Record: 20-22-2
At Bell MTS Place: 11-6-0
At American Airlines Center: 8-11-1
Media Guide Page: http://jetsmedia.ca/dallas-stars
- tonight is the third time in Winnipeg’s past seven games that the Jets have played Dallas.
- The Jets have won 11 of their past 15 games against the Stars, including an eight-game winning streak from Oct. 27/16-Mar. 18/18.
- The Jets are 18-12-1 against the Stars since the franchise moved to Winnipeg in 2011.
- The Jets have scored at least four goals in 10 of their past 15 games against Dallas, outscoring the Stars 60-39 in the 15 games.
- Winnipeg is a perfect six-for-six on the penalty kill against Dallas in the three meetings this season.
- Blake Wheeler leads the Jets in career scoring against the Stars with 36 points (8G, 28A) in 33 career games, while Mark Scheifele has 33 points (15G, 18A) in 28 career games against Dallas.
- Patrik Laine has 18 goals in 16 career games against Dallas, including a pair of hat tricks…Five of Laine’s 18 goals are game-winning goals, while seven have come on the power play.
- Goaltender Connor Hellebuyck is 9-5-1 in 15 career starts against the Stars, with a 2.40 goals-against average and .923 save percentage.
Career Scoring vs. Stars
Career Goaltending Against the Stars
Former Stars Playing for the Jets
Former Jets Playing for the Stars
- Needs three penalty minutes for 100 for his NHL career.
- Needs six penalty minutes to reach 100 for his NHL career.
- Needs seven penalty minutes to reach 300 for his NHL career.
- Needs six points to reach 100 for his NHL career.
- Needs six penalty minutes to reach 300 for his NHL career.
- Needs three points to reach 400 for his NHL career.
- Needs two goals to reach 200 as a member of the Jets franchise.
Recently Accomplished Milestones
- Nov. 5 vs. NJD – Reached 100 points for his NHL career.
- Nov. 19 at NSH – Played in his 200th NHL game.
- Nov. 19 at NSH – Reached 100 goals for his NHL career.
- Nov. 14 at FLA – Reached 200 points for his NHL career.
- Dec. 3 vs. DAL – Reached 200 penalty minutes for his NHL career.
- Nov. 2 at VGK – Reached 200 points as a member of the Jets.
Nov. 19 at NSH – Played in his 600th NHL game.
- Nov. 16 at TBL – Reached 400 assists as a member of the Jets franchise.
Nov. 23 vs. CBJ – Reached 600 points as a member of the Jets franchise.
Nov. 1 – Recalled F – C.J. Suess from the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Nov. 4 – Reassigned F – C.J. Suess to the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Nov. 7 – Placed F – Bryan Little on injured reserve; Recalled F – Joona Luoto from the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Nov. 8 – Reassigned D – Ville Heinola from the Manitoba Moose (AHL) to Lukko (Liiga); Placed F – Gabriel Bourque on injured reserve
Nov. 13 – Recalled F – Michael Spacek from the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Nov. 29 – Placed D – Nathan Beaulieu on injured reserve
Nov. 30 – Recalled D – Cameron Schilling from the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Dec. 4 – Placed D – Dmitry Kulikov on injured reserve; Claimed F – Nick Shore off waivers from the Toronto Maple Leafs; Reassigned F – Michael Spacek to the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
|Player||Injury||Date Injured||Games Missed|
|Mark Letestu*||Upper Body||—||21|
|Mason Appleton*||Lower Body||Oct. 25||17|
|Bryan Little*||Upper Body||Nov. 5 vs NJD||12|
|Gabriel Bourque*||Lower Body||Nov. 5 vs. NJD||12|
|Nathan Beaulieu*||Upper Body||Nov. 23 vs. CBJ||4|
|Dmitry Kulikov*||Upper Body||Nov. 29 at ANA||2|
*- Currently on injured reserve
Man-Games Lost: 99
How the Jets Were Built
Drafted (13) – Appleton, Connor, Copp, Ehlers, Gustafsson, Hellebuyck, Laine, Little, Lowry, Morrissey, Poolman, Scheifele, Roslovic
Trade (3) – Beaulieu, Pionk, Wheeler
Free Agency (9) – Bitetto, Bourque, Brossoit, Kulikov, Letestu, Luoto, Perreault, Schilling, Shaw
Waivers (3) – Dahlstrom, Sbisa, Shore
The Manitoba Moose lost 4-2 to the Rockford IceHogs on Tuesday night to finish 3-4-0 on their seven-game road trip…The Moose are 12-12-0 on the season, which has them fifth in the Central Division…Reigning AHL Player of the Month Jansen Harkins had an assist on Tuesday to extend his point streak to six games (1G, 6A)…He leads the AHL in scoring with 28 points (6G, 22A) in 24 games…Manitoba hosts the Chicago Wolves at Bell MTS Place on Friday and Saturday.
TV: TSN3 – Dennis Beyak & Ray Ferraro
Radio: TSN 1290 – Paul Edmonds & Brian Munz