The Winnipeg Jets finish a two-game road trip tonight in Denver against the Colorado Avalanche…The Jets dropped a pair of games to the St. Louis Blues coming out of the Christmas break, including a 4-1 loss in St. Louis on Sunday in the first game of the trip…Following tonight’s game, the Jets return home to host the Toronto Maple Leafs on Thursday before embarking on a four-game road trip.
Dec. 29 at STL – 4-1 L
Jets Scorer: Shore (3)
Blues Scorers: O’Reilly (8), Schwartz (12, 13), Thomas (5)
Jets Goaltender: Connor Hellebuyck (24 sv, 3 ga)
Blues Goaltender: Jordan Binnington (25 sv, 1 ga)
Jets PP: 0-for-3
Jets PK: 1-for-2
Recap: The Jets dropped the back half of a home-and-home set with the St. Louis Blues by losing 4-1 on Sunday afternoon…It is Winnipeg’s first loss in seven afternoon games this season…Nick Shore scored his first goal in a Jets uniform for Winnipeg’s lone tally…Patrik Laine led the Jets with six shots, while Adam Lowry had a team high seven hits.
Three Stars: 1. Pietrangelo 2. Binnington 3. Bortuzzo
Next Five Games
|Jan. 2||7:00 p.m.||Toronto||Bell MTS Place||TSN3||TSN 1290|
|Jan. 4||1:00 p.m.||At Minnesota||Xcel Energy Center||TSN3||TSN 1290|
|Jan. 6||7:00 p.m.||At Montreal||Bell Centre||TSN3||TSN 1290|
|Jan. 8||7:30 p.m.||At Toronto||Scotiabank Arena||Sportsnet||TSN 1290|
|Jan. 9||7:00 p.m.||At Boston||TD Garden||TSN3||TSN 1290|
The Jets are 6-4-2 against divisional opponents this season…The Jets are 14-8-2 against the Western Conference this season…The Jets are in the midst of playing five of six games against Western Conference teams…Kyle Connor leads the Jets in scoring against the Western Conference with 25 points (11G, 14A) in 24 games.
Winnipeg is 11-7-1 on the road this season, which is seventh in the NHL…The Jets are in the midst of playing six of seven games on the road…Winnipeg hasn’t lost consecutive games in regulation on the road this season, but are 1-3-1 in their past five games away from Bell MTS Place and have been held to two goals or less in each of the four losses…Patrik Laine leads the Jets in scoring on the road this season with 21 points (6G, 15A) in 17 games.
New Year’s Eve
The Jets are 4-3-0 in New Year’s Eve games since relocation in 2011…The Jets have won the past two years on New Year’s Eve, which have both been wins in Edmonton against the Oilers.
New Year’s Eve Games Since Relocation
2011 – 3-2 W vs. TOR
2013 – 3-0 W vs. BUF
2014 – 5-2 L vs NYI
2015 – 4-2 L at ARI
2016 – 6-2 L vs NYI
2017 – 5-0 W at EDM
2018 – 4-3 W at EDM
Turning the Calendar
The Jets have won 40 games in a calendar year for the third consecutive year and fourth time in the past five years…Winnipeg has also reached 90 points in a calendar year for the third consecutive year and fifth time since relocation.
Jets Record By Calendar Year
2019 on Point
Mark Scheifele leads the Jets in scoring during the 2019 calendar year with 75 points (33G, 42A) in 82 games…He also has a team-leading 11 power play goals…Kyle Connor leads the Jets in goals in 2019 with 38 in 82 games…Blake Wheeler leads the Jets with 21 power play assists in 2019.
Adam Lowry leads the Jets with 107 hits this season and is the only member of the Jets to surpass to the 100 hit mark so far…His seven hits on Sunday marked the third time this season he’s had seven or more hits in a game…Lowry is on pace for 231 hits this season, which would best the career high 223 hits he had last season.
Kyle Connor continues to be one of the most frequent shooters in the NHL this season with 134 shots, which is 14th in the NHL…He’s averaging 3.44 shots per game and has multiple shots in eight consecutive games…Connor has a shot in all 39 games he’s played this season, including a career high nine shots on Oct. 29 at ANA…Patrik Laine also has a shot in every game this season and has 20 shots in his past four games…Winnipeg’s top line of Mark Scheifele, Connor and Laine have accounted for 44.6% (121-of-271) of the Jets shots by forwards in December.
Jets vs. Avalanche Information
At Bell MTS Place: 12-4-1
At Pepsi Center: 9-5-8
Media Guide Page: http://jetsmedia.ca/colorado-avalanche
- The Jets have points in 13 of their past 17 games (9-4-4) against the Avalanche, but are 0-3-1 in the past four meetings.
- Winnipeg has been held to four goals combined in the previous four games against Colorado, but tallied 18 goals in the three games prior.
- The Jets are 10-for-32 (31.3%) on the power play and 30-for-33 (90.9%) on the penalty kill in their past nine games against Colorado.
- Blake Wheeler leads the Jets in career scoring against Colorado with 48 points (17G, 31A) in 35 games…He also has a team high four game-winning goals against the Avalanche and is a plus-15.
- Mark Scheifele has 25 points (7G, 18A) in 25 games against the Avalanche…His seven goals include two power play goals and two shorthanded goals.
- Goaltender Laurent Brossoit is 2-1-0 with a 1.73 goals-against average and .929 save percentage in three career games against Colorado.
Career Scoring vs. the Avalanche
Career Goaltending Against the Avalanche
Former Avalanche Playing for the Jets
Former Jets Playing for the Avalanche
- Needs two points to reach 100 for his NHL career.
- Needs four goals to pass Marian Hossa (108) for 10th in goals in franchise history.
- Needs one shutout to pass Ondrej Pavelec (17) for the most shutouts in franchise history.
- Needs three assists to reach 100 assists for his NHL career
- Needs seven penalty minutes to reach 300 for his NHL career.
- Needs four games played to reach 400 for his NHL career.
- Needs six penalty minutes to reach 300 for his NHL career.
- Needs three goals to pass Dany Heatley (80) for 12th in goals in franchise history.
- Needs four assists to pass Marc Savard (133) for 11th in assists in franchise history.
Recently Accomplished Milestones
- 3 vs. DAL – Reached 200 penalty minutes for his NHL career.
- 21 at MIN – Reached 100 points for his NHL career.
- 8 vs. ANA – Reached 400 points for his NHL career.
- 17 vs. CAR – Played in his 200th career NHL game.
- 10 vs. DET – Reached 200 goals as a member of the Jets franchise.
- 21 at MIN – Became the leading scorer in franchise history with 616 points
Dec. 13 – Loaned F – David Gustafsson to Sweden for the 2020 World Junior Championship
Dec. 18 – Placed F – Andrew Copp and F – Mathieu Perreault on injured reserve; Recalled F – Mason Appleton and F – Jansen Harkins from the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Dec. 19 – Claimed G – Eric Comrie off waivers from the Detroit Red Wings
Dec. 28 – Placed G – Eric Comrie on waivers
Dec. 29 – Reassigned G – Eric Comrie to the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
|Player||Injury||Date Injured||Games Missed|
|Mark Letestu*||Upper Body||—||32|
|Bryan Little*||Upper Body||Nov. 5 vs NJD||23|
|Dmitry Kulikov*||Upper Body||Nov. 29 at ANA||13|
|Mathieu Perreault*||Upper Body||Nov. 15 vs. PHI||6|
|Andrew Copp*||Upper Body||Nov. 17 vs. CAR||5|
*- Currently on injured reserve
Man-Games Lost: 143
How the Jets Were Built
Drafted (13) – Appleton, Connor, Copp, Ehlers, Harkins, Hellebuyck, Laine, Little, Lowry, Morrissey, Poolman, Scheifele, Roslovic
Trade (3) – Beaulieu, Pionk, Wheeler
Free Agency (8) – Bitetto, Bourque, Brossoit, Kulikov, Letestu, Luoto, Perreault, Shaw
Waivers (3) – Dahlstrom, Sbisa, Shore
The Manitoba Moose beat the Rockford IceHogs 3-2 Sunday to improve to 16-18-0 on the season…Manitoba occupies sixth place in the Central Division…Johnathan Kovacevic and Skyler McKenzie (2A) each had two points to the Moose in yesterday’s win…Manitoba continues their six-game homestand today against Rockford.
TV: TSN3 – Brian Munz & Kevin Sawyer
Radio: TSN 1290 – Paul Edmonds & Trevor Kidd