The Winnipeg Jets host the Dallas Stars at Bell MTS Place tonight in the first game of a home-and-home set…The Jets are coming off a 2-1 road trip in the Pacific Division last week…The return game of the home-and-home goes Thursday in Dallas.
Nov. 30 at LAK – 2-1 L
Jets Scorer: Roslovic (6)
Kings Scorers: Ryan (1), Prokhorkin (3)
Jets Goaltender: Laurent Brossoit (32 sv, 2 ga)
Kings Goaltender: Jack Campbell (33 sv, 1 ga)
Jets PP: 0-for-3
Jets PK: 0-for-0
Recap: The Jets outshot the Kings 28-15 in the second and third periods, but lost 2-1 to Los Angeles on Saturday night…Jack Roslovic scored Winnipeg’s lone goal of the game in the third period…Adam Lowry led the Jets with seven hits…Goaltender Laurent Brossoit made 32 saves, including 17 in the first period.
Three Stars: 1. Ryan 2. Campbell 3. Roslovic
Next Five Games
|Dec. 5||7:30 p.m.||At Dallas||American Airlines Center||TSN3||TSN 1290|
|Dec. 8||2:00 p.m.||Anaheim||Bell MTS Place||TSN3||TSN 1290|
|Dec. 10||7:00 pm.||Detroit||Bell MTS Place||TSN3||TSN 1290|
|Dec. 12||7:30 p.m.||At Detroit||Little Caesars Arena||TSN3||TSN 1290|
|Dec. 15||4:00 p.m.||Philadelphia||Bell MTS Place||TSN3||TSN 1290|
November to Remember
Winnipeg went 10-3-1 in November, which set a franchise record for most wins in November…It’s the fifth time in franchise history the Jets have won 10 or more games in a calendar month…Winnipeg allowed 31 goals in November, which was tied for the second fewest in the NHL…The Jets went 83.3% on the penalty kill in November, compared to going 65.4% in October…Kyle Connor led the Jets in scoring in November with 15 points (6G, 9A) in 14 games.
After playing nine of 14 games on the road in November, the Jets play eight of 13 games at home in December…Winnipeg has three home-and-home sets this month – Dec. 3 and 5 against Dallas; Dec. 10 and 12 against Detroit, and Dec. 27 and 29 against St. Louis…The Jets went 11-4-0 in December last season, which set a franchise record for most wins in December…Blake Wheeler leads Jets players in career scoring in December with 122 points (37G, 85A) in 137 games.
The Jets are 3-1-0 in their past four games and have surrendered just six goals in the quartet of contests…Winnipeg has allowed three goals or less in seven of their past eight games…The Jets are averaging 2.78 goals against this season, which is seventh fewest in the NHL.
Limiting the Losses
The Jets only have one losing streak this season – a three-game losing streak from Oct. 13-17…Since that streak, the Jets are 12-5-1, which is the eighth in the NHL, but fourth in the Central Division behind the St. Louis Blues (14-3-3), Dallas Stars (13-3-2), and Minnesota Wild (11-5-4).
The Jets are 4-2-0 against divisional opponents this season…The Jets are 11-6-0 against the Western Conference this season, which is tied for the NHL lead in wins against the Western Conference…The Jets are in the midst of eight of nine games against the Western Conference…Kyle Connor leads the Jets in scoring against the Western Conference with 17 points (8G, 9A) in 17 games.
Home For One
The Jets are 6-5-1 at home this season, including 4-1-1 in their last six home games…tonight is the second consecutive single-game homestand for the Jets…Winnipeg has five occurrences of a single-game homestand this season after only having two last season…Mark Scheifele (4G, 4A) and Patrik Laine (3G, 5A) lead the Jets with eight points in 12 home games…Adam Lowry has won a team-leading 61.4% of his face-offs at home.
Goaltender Connor Hellebuyck was the best goaltender in the NHL in November by going 8-2-1 with a 1.85 goals-against average and .944 save percentage – both of which led the league…It was by far the best November of his career, as Hellebuyck had a career 2.69 goals-against average and .911 save percentage in November prior to this season.
Jack Roslovic scored Winnipeg’s lone goal on Saturday…He has five points (3G, 2A) in his past seven games and is a plus-six…Roslovic has 12 points (6G, 6A) in 27 games this season, which is halfway to the career high 24 points (9G, 15A) he posted last season in 77 games…He’s averaging a career high 14:43 TOI per game and played a season high 17:44 on Saturday against Los Angeles.
Jets vs. Stars Information
All-Time Record: 19-22-2
At Bell MTS Place: 10-6-0
At American Airlines Center: 8-11-1
Media Guide Page: http://jetsmedia.ca/dallas-stars
- The Jets are in the midst of three of seven games coming against Dallas, including the return match in Dallas on Thursday.
- The Jets have won 10 of their past 14 games against the Stars, including an eight-game winning streak from Oct. 27/16-Mar. 18/18.
- Winnipeg is 8-for-31 (25.8%) on the power play in their past 10 games against Dallas.
- The Jets are 17-12-1 against the Stars since the franchise moved to Winnipeg in 2011.
- The Jets have scored at least four goals in nine of their past 14 games against Dallas, outscoring the Stars 55-38 in the 14 games.
- Blake Wheeler leads the Jets in career scoring against the Stars with 35 points (8G, 27A) in 32 career games, while Mark Scheifele has 31 points (14G, 17A) in 27 career games against Dallas.
- Patrik Laine has 17 goals in 15 career games against Dallas, including a pair of hat tricks…Five of Laine’s 17 goals are game-winning goals, while seven have come on the power play.
- Goaltender Connor Hellebuyck is 8-5-1 in 14 career starts against the Stars, with a 2.50 goals-against average and .921 save percentage.
Career Scoring vs. Stars
Career Goaltending Against the Stars
Former Stars Playing for the Jets
Former Jets Playing for the Stars
- Needs three penalty minutes for 100 for his NHL career.
- Needs eight penalty minutes to reach 100 for his NHL career.
- Needs seven penalty minutes to reach 300 for his NHL career.
- Needs three penalty minutes reach 200 for his NHL career.
- Needs six penalty minutes to reach 300 for his NHL career.
- Needs five points to reach 400 for his NHL career.
- Needs two goals to reach 200 as a member of the Jets franchise.
Recently Accomplished Milestones
- 5 vs. NJD – Reached 100 points for his NHL career.
- 19 at NSH – Played in his 200th NHL game.
- 19 at NSH – Reached 100 goals for his NHL career.
- 14 at FLA – Reached 200 points for his NHL career.
- 2 at VGK – Reached 200 points as a member of the Jets.
Nov. 19 at NSH – Played in his 600th NHL game.
- 16 at TBL – Reached 400 assists as a member of the Jets franchise.
Nov. 23 vs. CBJ – Reached 600 points as a member of the Jets franchise.
Nov. 1 – Recalled F – C.J. Suess from the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Nov. 4 – Reassigned F – C.J. Suess to the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Nov. 7 – Placed F – Bryan Little on injured reserve; Recalled F – Joona Luoto from the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Nov. 8 – Reassigned D – Ville Heinola from the Manitoba Moose (AHL) to Lukko (Liiga); Placed F – Gabriel Bourque on injured reserve
Nov. 13 – Recalled F – Michael Spacek from the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Nov. 29 – Placed D – Nathan Beaulieu on injured reserve
Nov. 30 – Recalled D – Cameron Schilling from the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
|Player||Injury||Date Injured||Games Missed|
|Mark Letestu*||Upper Body||—||20|
|Mason Appleton*||Lower Body||Oct. 25||16|
|Bryan Little*||Upper Body||Nov. 5 vs NJD||11|
|Gabriel Bourque*||Lower Body||Nov. 5 vs. NJD||11|
|Nathan Beaulieu*||Upper Body||Nov. 23 vs. CBJ||3|
|Dmitry Kulikov||Upper Body||Nov. 29 at ANA||1|
*- Currently on injured reserve
Man-Games Lost: 93
How the Jets Were Built
Drafted (14) – Appleton, Connor, Copp, Ehlers, Gustafsson, Hellebuyck, Laine, Little, Lowry, Morrissey, Poolman, Scheifele, Spacek, Roslovic
Trade (3) – Beaulieu, Pionk, Wheeler
Free Agency (9) – Bitetto, Bourque, Brossoit, Kulikov, Letestu, Luoto, Perreault, Schilling, Shaw
Waivers (2) – Dahlstrom, Sbisa
The Manitoba Moose defeated the Chicago Wolves 3-2 in overtime on Saturday night for their second consecutive win…The Moose are fourth in the Central Division this season with a 12-11-0 record…Jansen Harkins leads the AHL in assists with 21 and is tied for first in league scoring with 27 points in 23 games…Manitoba ends a seven-game road trip tonight against the Rockford IceHogs.
TV: TSN3 – Dennis Beyak & Kevin Sawyer
Radio: TSN 1290 – Paul Edmonds & Brian Munz