The Winnipeg Jets begin a two-game road trip today in the back half of a home-and-home set with the St. Louis Blues…The Jets lost 5-4 in overtime to the Blues on Friday at Bell MTS Place…The second game of Winnipeg’s road trip goes on Tuesday against the Colorado Avalanche.
Dec. 27 vs. STL – 5-4 OTL
Jets Scorers: Bourque (2), Connor (16, 17), Wheeler (11)
Blues Scorers: Faulk (3), Pietrangelo (10), Bozak (6, 7), Perron (16)
Jets Goaltender: Connor Hellebuyck (30 sv, 5 ga)
Blues Goaltender: Jordan Binnington (25 sv, 4 ga)
Jets PP: 1-for-3
Jets PK: 1-for-2
Recap: The Jets came back from four one-goal deficits, but lost 5-4 to the St. Louis Blues in overtime on Friday night at Bell MTS Place…Kyle Connor led the Jets with two goals, while Patrik Laine had two assists…Laine and Mark Scheifele led the Jets with five shots…Adam Lowry paced the Jets in the face-off circle by winning 13-of-18 face-offs.
Three Stars: 1. Bozak 2. Connor 3. Schwartz
Next Five Games
|Dec. 31||8:00 p.m.||At Colorado||Pepsi Center||TSN3||TSN 1290|
|Jan. 2||7:00 p.m.||Toronto||Bell MTS Place||TSN3||TSN 1290|
|Jan. 4||1:00 p.m.||At Minnesota||Xcel Energy Center||TSN3||TSN 1290|
|Jan. 6||7:00 p.m.||At Montreal||Bell Centre||TSN3||TSN 1290|
|Jan. 8||7:30 p.m.||At Toronto||Scotiabank Arena||Sportsnet||TSN 1290|
The Jets are 6-3-2 against divisional opponents this season…The Jets are 14-7-2 against the Western Conference this season…The Jets are in the midst of playing five of six games against Western Conference teams…Kyle Connor leads the Jets in scoring against the Western Conference with 25 points (11G, 14A) in 23 games.
The Jets are 4-2-0 in Sunday games at home this season…This is Winnipeg’s first road game on a Sunday since the opening weekend of the season when they lost 4-1 to the New York Islanders on Oct. 6…The Jets have fared better overall in weekend games this season with a 14-3-1 record in games on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.
The Jets are a perfect 6-0-0 in afternoon games this season, including 3-0-0 on the road… The six wins have tied a franchise record for most wins in afternoon games in a season, which was also done during the 2002-03 and 2016-17 seasons…Winnipeg plays 14 afternoon games this season, which is the most in a season in franchise history…The previous high was 11 during the 2013-14 and 2016-17 seasons…Blake Wheeler leads the Jets in scoring in day games this season with 11 points (2G, 9A) in six games, while Mark Scheifele has a team best five goals.
Power Play Run
The Jets have scored a power play goal in three consecutive games (3-for-10)…It’s the longest streak of scoring a power play goal since scoring on the power play in four consecutive games from Oct. 12-17…Winnipeg is 10th on the power play in the NHL in December by converting on 25.7% of their chances (9-for-35).
Turning the Calendar
The Jets have won 40 games in a calendar year for the third consecutive year and fourth time in the past five years…Winnipeg has also reached 90 points in a calendar year for the third consecutive year and fifth time since relocation.
Jets Record By Calendar Year
2019 on Point
Mark Scheifele leads the Jets in scoring during the 2019 calendar year with 75 points (33G, 42A) in 81 games…He also has a team-leading 11 power play goals…Kyle Connor leads the Jets in goals in 2019 with 38 in 81 games…Blake Wheeler leads the Jets with 21 power play assists in 2019.
The Jets have four players on three-game point streaks, led by Patrik Laine’s five points (3G, 2A) in the past three games…Kyle Connor (3G, 1A) and Mark Scheifele (1G, 3A) have four points, while Neal Pionk has three assists…Pionk has matched the career high 20 assists he had last season with the New York Rangers.
Spreading Holiday Cheer
Kyle Connor registered his second two-goal game of December on Friday to move into a tie with Mark Scheifele for the team lead in goals with 17…Connor has seven goals in December after netting four in October and six in November…The seven goals are nearly half of the 16 career goals he has in December…Connor has four multi-point games in December after having five multi-point games in the first two months of the season.
Jets vs. Blues Information
At Bell MTS Place: 6-6-3
Jets vs. Blues Notes
- The Jets and Blues met in the first round of the 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs. The Blues won the series four-games-to-two en route to winning the Stanley Cup.
- The Jets won three of four games during the regular season last season against the Blues, outscoring St. Louis 18-10.
- Winnipeg has points in five of their past six regular season games against St. Louis, going 4-1-1.
- The Jets are 14-11-4 in the regular season against St. Louis since the franchise relocated to Winnipeg in 2011.
- The Jets have a power play goal in seven of their past eight regular season games against the Blues (7-for-34, 20.6%).
- Winnipeg is 29-for-35 (82.9%) on the penalty kill in their past 12 regular season games against St. Louis.
- Blake Wheeler leads the Jets in career scoring against the Blues with 36 points (15G, 21A) in 32 games, while Mark Scheifele has 25 points (10G, 15A) in 26 games.
- Kyle Connor had 13 points (5G, 8A) in nine career games against St. Louis, including five multi-point games.
- Patrik Laine is averaging a goal per game against the Blues during his career with 13 goals in 13 games.
- Goaltender Connor Hellebuyck is 6-3-0 against the Blues in the regular season with a 1.99 goals-against average and a .933 save percentage.
Career Scoring vs. Blues
Career Goaltending Against the Blues
Former Blues Playing for the Jets
Former Jets Playing for the Blues
- Needs two points to reach 100 for his NHL career.
- Needs four goals to pass Marian Hossa (108) for 10th in goals in franchise history.
- Needs one shutout to pass Ondrej Pavelec (17) for the most shutouts in franchise history.
- Needs three assists to reach 100 assists for his NHL career
- Needs seven penalty minutes to reach 300 for his NHL career.
- Needs five games played to reach 400 for his NHL career.
- Needs six penalty minutes to reach 300 for his NHL career.
- Needs three goals to pass Dany Heatley (80) for 12th in goals in franchise history.
- Needs four assists to pass Marc Savard (133) for 11th in assists in franchise history.
Recently Accomplished Milestones
- 3 vs. DAL – Reached 200 penalty minutes for his NHL career.
- 21 at MIN – Reached 100 points for his NHL career.
- 8 vs. ANA – Reached 400 points for his NHL career.
- 17 vs. CAR – Played in his 200th career NHL game.
- 10 vs. DET – Reached 200 goals as a member of the Jets franchise.
- 21 at MIN – Became the leading scorer in franchise history with 616 points
Dec. 13 – Loaned F – David Gustafsson to Sweden for the 2020 World Junior Championship
Dec. 18 – Placed F – Andrew Copp and F – Mathieu Perreault on injured reserve; Recalled F – Mason Appleton and F – Jansen Harkins from the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Dec. 19 – Claimed G – Eric Comrie off waivers from the Detroit Red Wings
Dec. 28 – Placed G – Eric Comrie on waivers
|Player||Injury||Date Injured||Games Missed|
|Mark Letestu*||Upper Body||—||31|
|Bryan Little*||Upper Body||Nov. 5 vs NJD||22|
|Dmitry Kulikov*||Upper Body||Nov. 29 at ANA||12|
|Mathieu Perreault*||Upper Body||Nov. 15 vs. PHI||5|
|Andrew Copp*||Upper Body||Nov. 17 vs. CAR||4|
*- Currently on injured reserve
Man-Games Lost: 139
How the Jets Were Built
Drafted (13) – Appleton, Connor, Copp, Ehlers, Harkins, Hellebuyck, Laine, Little, Lowry, Morrissey, Poolman, Scheifele, Roslovic
Trade (3) – Beaulieu, Pionk, Wheeler
Free Agency (8) – Bitetto, Bourque, Brossoit, Kulikov, Letestu, Luoto, Perreault, Shaw
Waivers (4) – Comrie, Dahlstrom, Sbisa, Shore
The Manitoba Moose begin their post-Christmas schedule this afternoon at Bell MTS Place in the first of two games against the Rockford IceHogs…The two sides also meet in Winnipeg on New Year’s Eve…Manitoba sits in tied for fifth in the Central Division with a 15-18-0 record.
TV: TSN3 – Brian Munz & Kevin Sawyer
Radio: TSN 1290 – Paul Edmonds & Trevor Kidd