The Winnipeg Jets begin a three-game homestand with this afternoon’s game against the Philadelphia Flyers…The Jets are coming off a 5-2 loss to the Detroit Red Wings on Thursday night, which split a home-and-home series between the two sides last week…Winnipeg’s homestand continues Tuesday against the Carolina Hurricanes.
Dec. 12 at DET – 5-2 L
Jets Scorer: Connor (12, 13)
Red Wings Scorers: Helm (5), Fabbri (8, 9), Zadina (1), Hronek (7)
Jets Goaltender: Connor Hellebuyck (29 sv, 4 ga)
Red Wings Goaltender: Jonathan Bernier (26 sv, 2 ga)
Jets PP: 0-for-1
Jets PK: 2-for-4
Recap: Kyle Connor scored twice in his home state, but the Jets lost 5-2 to the Detroit Red Wings in Michigan on Thursday night…Mark Scheifele assisted each of Connor’s goals…Connor paced the Jets with eight shots…Adam Lowry led the Jets with four hits.
Three Stars: 1. Fabbri 2. Connor 3. Larkin
Next Five Games
|Dec. 17||7:00 p.m.||Carolina||Bell MTS Place||TSN3||TSN 1290|
|Dec. 19||7:00 p.m.||Chicago||Bell MTS Place||TSN3||TSN 1290|
|Dec. 21||1:00 p.m.||At Minnesota||Xcel Energy Center||Sportsnet||TSN 1290|
|Dec. 23||7:00 p.m.||Montreal||Bell MTS Place||TSN3||TSN 1290|
|Dec. 27||7:00 p.m.||St. Louis||Bell MTS Place||TSN3||TSN 1290|
Against the East
The Jets are 6-5-1 against the Eastern Conference this season, including 3-4-1 against the Metropolitan Division…Winnipeg is in the midst of four consecutive games against the Eastern Conference.
The Jets play five of their next six games at Bell MTS Place…Winnipeg is 9-5-1 on home ice this season, including 7-1-1 in their past nine home contests…The Jets have won four consecutive home games and have outscored their opponents 17-7 in the four victories…Mark Scheifele (8G, 5A) leads the Jets in scoring at home with 13 points in 15 games.
The Jets are 3-1-0 in Sunday games at home this season, having won three consecutive games on Sundays…All three wins have come by one goal, including one in overtime and one in a shootout.
The Jets are a perfect 4-0-0 in afternoon games this season, including 2-0-0 at Bell MTS Place…It matches the four wins the Jets have had in matinee games in each of the past two seasons when they went 4-3-0…The franchise record for most wins in afternoon games is six, which occurred during the 2002-03 and 2016-17 seasons…Winnipeg plays 14 afternoon games this season, which is the most in a season in franchise history…The previous high was 11 during the 2013-14 and 2016-17 seasons…Blake Wheeler leads the Jets in scoring in day games this season with six assists, while Mark Scheifele has a team best three goals.
Mark Scheifele (5G, 3A) and Kyle Connor (3G, 5A) are riding five-game point streaks, which matches the season high by a Jets player…Scheifele’s two assists on Thursday gave him his team leading eighth multi-point game of the season, while Connor is second with seven multi-point games.
Kyle Connor’s eight shots on Thursday marked the second time this season he had eight shots or more in a game…He’s the only Jets player with multiple eight-plus shot games this season…Connor is 14th in the NHL this season with 110 shots.
Patrik Laine tallied his 21st assist of the season on Thursday, which is one more than he had all of last season…With nine goals and 21 assists, 70% of Laine’s points this season are assists, compared to 44.4% for his career…Laine is five assists away from reaching 100 career assists…Dating back to his career in Finland, the only season Laine hasn’t had more goals than assists in a season came in 2014-15 when he had an even nine goals and nine assists in a season split between Tappara’s Liiga and U20 teams and Leki of Mestis.
Jets vs. Flyers All-Time Records
At Bell MTS Place: 6-2-2
Media Guide Page: http://jetsmedia.ca/philadelphia-flyers
- The Jets have won three of their past five games against the Flyers, including three consecutive meetings at Bell MTS Place.
- The Jets have allowed three goals or less in each of their past five games against Philadelphia.
- Winnipeg is 7-for-28 (25.0%) on the power play in its past five games against the Flyers, having scored a power play goal in each of the five games.
- The Jets are 14-for-15 (93.3%) on the penalty kill in their past six games against the Flyers.
- Blake Wheeler leads the Jets in career scoring against the Flyers with 26 points (5G, 21A) in 33 games.
- Mark Scheifele is averaging more than a point per game in his career against the Flyers with 13 points (3G, 10A) in 11 games.
- Three of Mathieu Perreault’s six career goals against the Flyers are power play goals.
- Connor Hellebuyck has a .928 save percentage in four career starts against Philadelphia.
Career Scoring vs. Flyers
Career Goaltending Against the Flyers
Former Flyers Playing for the Jets
Former Jets Playing for the Flyers
F – Kevin Hayes
- Needs one goal to pass Dany Heatley (80) for 12th in goals in franchise history.
- Needs six goals to pass Marian Hossa (108) for 10th in goals in franchise history.
- Needs four goals to pass Dustin Byfuglien (122) for seventh in goals in franchise history.
- Needs seven penalty minutes to reach 300 for his NHL career.
- Needs two games played to pass Mark Stuart (390) for 14th in franchise history in games played.
- Needs five points to reach 100 for his NHL career.
- Needs six penalty minutes to reach 300 for his NHL career.
- Needs three goals to pass Dany Heatley (80) for 12th in goals in franchise history.
- Needs four assists to pass Marc Savard (133) for 11th in assists in franchise history.
- Needs eight points to pass Ilya Kovalchuk (615) for the most points in franchise history.
Recently Accomplished Milestones
- Dec. 3 vs. DAL – Reached 200 penalty minutes for his NHL career.
- Dec. 8 vs. ANA – Reached 400 points for his NHL career.
- Dec. 10 vs. DET – Reached 200 goals as a member of the Jets franchise.
Nov. 29 – Placed D – Nathan Beaulieu on injured reserve
Nov. 30 – Recalled D – Cameron Schilling from the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Dec. 4 – Placed D – Dmitry Kulikov on injured reserve; Claimed F – Nick Shore off waivers from the Toronto Maple Leafs; Reassigned F – Michael Spacek to the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Dec. 5 – Activated D – Nathan Beaulieu from injured reserve
Dec. 6 – Reassigned D – Cameron Schilling to the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Dec. 10 – Activated F – Gabriel Bourque from injured reserve; Activated F – Mason Appleton from injured reserve and assigned him to the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Dec. 13 – Loaned F – David Gustafsson to Sweden for the 2020 World Junior Championship
|Player||Injury||Date Injured||Games Missed|
|Mark Letestu*||Upper Body||—||25|
|Bryan Little*||Upper Body||Nov. 5 vs NJD||16|
|Dmitry Kulikov*||Upper Body||Nov. 29 at ANA||6|
*- Currently on injured reserve
Man-Games Lost: 112
How the Jets Were Built
Drafted (11) – Connor, Copp, Ehlers, Hellebuyck, Laine, Little, Lowry, Morrissey, Poolman, Scheifele, Roslovic
Trade (3) – Beaulieu, Pionk, Wheeler
Free Agency (8) – Bitetto, Bourque, Brossoit, Kulikov, Letestu, Luoto, Perreault, Shaw
Waivers (3) – Dahlstrom, Sbisa, Shore
The Manitoba Moose beat the San Antonio Rampage 4-2 last night and sit tied for fourth in the Central Division with a 14-15-0 record…JC Lipon had a goal and two assists to lead the Moose to the victory last night…Manitoba continues their five-game road trip on Tuesday against the Colorado Eagles.
TV: TSN3 – Dennis Beyak & Kevin Sawyer
Radio: TSN 1290 – Paul Edmonds & Brian Munz