The Winnipeg Jets continue a three-game California road trip today with an afternoon tilt against the Anaheim Ducks…The Jets defeated the San Jose Sharks 5-1 on Wednesday night to open the road trip…Winnipeg ends the road trip Saturday night against the Los Angeles Kings.
Nov. 27 at SJS – 5-1 W
Jets Scorers: Laine (7), Gustafsson (1), Scheifele (9), Roslovic (5), Connor (9)
Sharks Scorer: M. Karlsson (2)
Jets Goaltender: Connor Hellebuyck (32 sv, 1 ga)
Sharks Goaltender: Aaron Dell (21 sv, 4 ga)
Jets PP: 1-for-3
Jets PK: 6-for-6
Recap: The Jets scored five unanswered goals en route to beating the San Jose Sharks 5-1 on Wednesday night…Patrik Laine led the Jets with a goal and two assists, while Kyle Connor had a goal and an assist and Blake Wheeler had two assists…Anthony Bitetto led the Jets with five hits, while Luca Sbisa had four blocked shots…Connor Hellebuyck turned aside 32 of 33 shots for the win.
Three Stars: 1. Hellebuyck 2. Scheifele 3. Connor
Next Five Games
|Nov. 30||7:00 p.m.||At Los Angeles||Staples Center||Sportsnet||TSN 1290|
|Dec. 3||7:00 p.m.||Dallas||Bell MTS Place||TSN3||TSN 1290|
|Dec. 5||7:30 p.m.||At Dallas||American Airlines Center||TSN3||TSN 1290|
|Dec. 8||2:00 p.m.||Anaheim||Bell MTS Place||TSN3||TSN 1290|
|Dec. 10||7:00 pm.||Detroit||Bell MTS Place||TSN3||TSN 1290|
On the Road Again
The Jets are 9-4-0 on the road this season and have won six of their past seven road games…The Jets are in the midst of playing eight of 10 games on the road…The eight games are being played across three time zones and on both coasts…The Jets have not lost consecutive road games this season.
Party in the Pacific
The Jets are 5-3-0 against the Pacific Division this season after going 16-6-2 against Pacific Division opponents last season, which was the most wins against the Pacific by a team outside the division…Winnipeg is on a 30-10-4 run in their past 44 games versus the Pacific…Since 2017-18, Kyle Connor leads the Jets in scoring against the Pacific Division with 49 points (24G, 25A) in 54 games.
The Jets have 10 back-to-back sets this season, the fourth of which is this weekend…The Jets are 2-1-0 in the first and 2-1-0 in the second game of back-to-backs this season…Three of the four wins have come in overtime or a shootout…Winnipeg went 6-3-0 in the first game and 5-4-0 in the second game of back-to-backs last season.
The Jets went a season-best 6-for-6 on the penalty kill on Wednesday…The Jets were perfect when shorthanded six times or more in a game on three occasions last season…The Jets have given their opposition 11 power plays in their past two games after allowing 12 power plays in their previous four games…Adam Lowry leads the Jets with 51:08 TOI when shorthanded.
Patrik Laine’s fourth three-or-more-point game of the season on Wednesday vaulted him to tie for the team scoring lead with 23 points (7G, 16A) in 23 games…His 16 assists lead the Jets, which is four less than he had all of last season…Including his two assist effort on Wednesday, Laine has four multi-assist games this season, compared to two last season…He had a career high four multi-assist games during the 2017-18 season.
Goaltender Connor Hellebuyck has faced 30 or more shots in 13 games this season, which is tied for the NHL lead…He has a .939 save percentage when facing at least 30 shots and has made 30 or more saves in 12 of the 13 starts…Hellebuyck has faced 633 shots this season, which is second in the NHL, and is tied for sixth in the NHL this season with a .930 save percentage.
Kyle Connor’s two points on Wednesday propelled him past Ray Ferraro for 19th in franchise scoring with 148 points (76G, 74A) in 203 games…He’s 13 points away from catching Nik Antropov for 18th in franchise scoring…Connor is two points away from becoming the seventh player chosen in the 2015 NHL Draft to reach 150 points.
Patrik Laine (4G, 11A) and Mark Scheifele (5G, 10A) lead the Jets in scoring on the road with 15 points in 13 games…Nikolaj Ehlers’ eight road goals are tied for eighth in the NHL, while Laine’s 11 assists are tied for sixth…Scheifele has eight points (3G, 5A) in his past seven road games.
Jets vs. Ducks Information
All-Time Record: 15-13-5
At Bell MTS Place: 5-3-2
Media Guide Page: http://jetsmedia.ca/anaheim-ducks/
- The Jets have won four of their past five games against the Ducks and are 6-1-1 in their last eight contests against Anaheim.
- Winnipeg has points in three of their past four trips to Anaheim (2-1-1).
- On Feb. 2/19, the Jets matched a franchise record with nine goals and set a franchise record with six goals in the first period in a 9-3 win against Anaheim.
- The Jets are 20-for-22 (90.9%) on the penalty kill in their past eight games against Anaheim, including a perfect 9-for-9 in the past four contests.
- Since the Jets franchise relocated to Winnipeg in 2011, 10 of the 20 games between the Jets and Ducks have gone to overtime or a shootout. The Jets are 5-5 in those 10 games.
- Nikolaj Ehlers has 11 points (7G, 4A) in 10 career games against Anaheim, while Jack Roslovic has six points (4G, 2A) in five career games against the Ducks.
- Two of Mark Scheifele’s four career goals against Anaheim are game-winning goals.
Career Scoring vs. Ducks
Career Goaltending Against the Ducks
Former Ducks Playing for the Jets
F – Mathieu Perreault
D – Luca Sbisa
F – Logan Shaw
Former Jets Playing for the Ducks
- Needs 10 penalty minutes for 100 for his NHL career.
- Needs eight penalty minutes to reach 100 for his NHL career.
- Needs seven penalty minutes to reach 300 for his NHL career.
- Needs three penalty minutes reach 200 for his NHL career.
- Needs six penalty minutes to reach 300 for his NHL career.
- Needs six points to reach 400 for his NHL career.
- Needs two goals to reach 200 as a member of the Jets franchise.
Recently Accomplished Milestones
- 5 vs. NJD – Reached 100 points for his NHL career.
- 19 at NSH – Played in his 200th NHL game.
- 19 at NSH – Reached 100 goals for his NHL career.
- 14 at FLA – Reached 200 points for his NHL career.
- 2 at VGK – Reached 200 points as a member of the Jets.
Nov. 19 at NSH – Played in his 600th NHL game.
- 16 at TBL – Reached 400 assists as a member of the Jets franchise.
Nov. 23 vs. CBJ – Reached 600 points as a member of the Jets franchise.
Nov. 1 – Recalled F – C.J. Suess from the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Nov. 4 – Reassigned F – C.J. Suess to the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Nov. 7 – Placed F – Bryan Little on injured reserve; Recalled F – Joona Luoto from the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Nov. 8 – Reassigned D – Ville Heinola from the Manitoba Moose (AHL) to Lukko (Liiga); Placed F – Gabriel Bourque on injured reserve
Nov. 13 – Recalled F – Michael Spacek from the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
|Player||Injury||Date Injured||Games Missed|
|Mark Letestu*||Upper Body||—||18|
|Mason Appleton*||Lower Body||Oct. 25||14|
|Bryan Little*||Upper Body||Nov. 5 vs NJD||9|
|Gabriel Bourque*||Lower Body||Nov. 5 vs. NJD||9|
|Nathan Beaulieu||Upper Body||Nov. 23 vs. CBJ||1|
*- Currently on injured reserve
Man-Games Lost: 82
How the Jets Were Built
Drafted (14) – Appleton, Connor, Copp, Ehlers, Gustafsson, Hellebuyck, Laine, Little, Lowry, Morrissey, Poolman, Scheifele, Spacek, Roslovic
Trade (3) – Beaulieu, Pionk, Wheeler
Free Agency (8) – Bitetto, Bourque, Brossoit, Kulikov, Letestu, Luoto, Perreault, Shaw
Waivers (2) – Dahlstrom, Sbisa
The Manitoba Moose lost 6-3 to the Milwaukee Admirals on Wednesday night and are 10-11-0 on the season…Jansen Harkins leads the Moose and is third in AHL scoring with 24 points (6G, 18A) in 21 games…The Moose continue their seven-game road trip tonight against the Grand Rapids Griffins.
TV: TSN3 – Dennis Beyak & Kevin Sawyer
Radio: TSN 1290 – Paul Edmonds & Brian Munz