The Winnipeg Jets embark on a three-game California road trip tonight, beginning in San Jose against the Sharks…The Jets beat the Columbus Blue Jackets 4-3 at Bell MTS Place on Saturday night after going 3-1 on a four-game road trip last week…After tonight’s game, the Jets face the Anaheim Ducks on Friday afternoon.
Nov. 23 vs. CBJ – 4-3 W
Jets Scorers: Wheeler (6), Ehlers (11), Perreault (6), Copp (4)
Blue Jackets Scorers: Dubois (10), Jones (2), Nyquist (4)
Jets Goaltenders: Laurent Brossoit (27 sv, 3 ga); Connor Hellebuyck (5 sv, 0 ga)
Blue Jackets Goaltender: Elvis Merzlikins (27 sv, 4 ga)
Jets PP: 0-for-2
Jets PK: 2-for-5
Recap: In a game that had four lead changes, Andrew Copp scored the game-winning goal with 1:54 left in the third period, as the Jets beat the Columbus Blue Jackets 4-3 on Saturday night…Copp and Blake Wheeler paced the Jets with a goal and an assist each…Wheeler led the Jets in the face-off circle by winning 11-of-15 face-offs (73%)…Luca Sbisa led the Jets with four hits.
Three Stars: 1. Wheeler 2. Ehlers 3. Dubois
Next Five Games
|Nov. 29||1:00 p.m.||At Anaheim||Honda Center||TSN3||TSN 1290|
|Nov. 30||7:00 p.m.||At Los Angeles||Staples Center||Sportsnet||TSN 1290|
|Dec. 3||7:00 p.m.||Dallas||Bell MTS Place||TSN3||TSN 1290|
|Dec. 5||7:30 p.m.||At Dallas||American Airlines Center||TSN3||TSN 1290|
|Dec. 8||2:00 p.m.||Anaheim||Bell MTS Place||TSN3||TSN 1290|
On the Road Again
The Jets are 8-4-0 on the road this season and have won five of their past six road games…The Jets are in the midst of playing eight of 10 games on the road…The eight games are being played across three time zones and on both coasts…The Jets have not lost consecutive road games this season.
Party in the Pacific
The Jets are 4-3-0 against the Pacific Division this season after going 16-6-2 against Pacific Division opponents last season, which was the most wins against the Pacific by a team outside the division…Winnipeg is on a 29-10-4 run in their past 43 games versus the Pacific…Since 2017-18, Kyle Connor leads the Jets in scoring against the Pacific Division with 47 points (23G, 24A) in 53 games.
Double Digit PIMS
The Jets took a season-high five minor penalties on Saturday and gave their opposition a season-high five power plays…The Jets are averaging a league-low 5.0 penalty minutes per game…Winnipeg has taken 53 minor penalties this season, which is the fewest in the NHL.
Finding the Power
The Jets are 0-for-7 on the power play in their past three games…Winnipeg has been consistent on the power play this season, going 15.6% in October and 15.4% in November…The Jets have scored multiple power play goals in the same game once this season – Oct. 15 vs. ARI.
Blake Wheeler had two points (1G, 1A) on Saturday to reach 600 points as a member of the Jets franchise…He’s the second player in franchise history to reach 600 points (Ilya Kovalchuk – 615) and first player to reach 600 points and 400 assists…Wheeler is two goals shy of becoming the third player in franchise history to reach 200 goals.
Andrew Copp has set a career high for points in November with eight points (3G, 5A) in 11 games…He has eight points (3G, 5A) in his past nine games after tallying three points in his first 15 games of the season…Copp had a goal and an assist on Saturday against Columbus for his first multi-point game of the season…He’s averaging a career high .17 goals, .29 assists and .46 points per game this season.
Nikolaj Ehlers (8G, 6A) and Mark Scheifele (4G, 10A) lead the Jets in scoring on the road with 14 points in 12 games…Ehlers’ eight road goals are tied for sixth in the NHL, while Scheifele’s 10 assists are tied for seventh…Scheifele has seven points (2G, 5A) in his past six road games.
Jets vs. Sharks Information
All-Time Record: 11-19-3
At Bell MTS Place: 3-6-1
Media Guide Page: http://jetsmedia.ca/san-jose-sharks
- The Jets have points in five of their past six games (4-1-1) against the Sharks after losing the previous four meetings.
- Four of the past five games against San Jose have been decided by one goal.
- Winnipeg is 1-for-12 on the power play against the Sharks in the past four meetings.
- Since relocating to Winnipeg in 2011, the Jets franchise is 9-10-1 against the Sharks.
- Blake Wheeler leads the Jets in career scoring against San Jose with 19 points (6G, 13A) in 23 games.
- Mark Scheifele has 12 points (5G, 7A) in 14 career games against the Sharks. Four of his five goals have come on the power play.
- Goaltender Connor Hellebuyck has a .926 save percentage in 10 career games against San Jose.
- Goaltender Laurent Brossoit made his NHL debut against the Sharks on Apr. 9/15 when he was a member of the Edmonton Oilers, stopping 49 of 51 shots in a 3-1 loss in his only career appearance against San Jose.
Career Scoring vs. Sharks
Career Goaltending Against the Sharks
Former Sharks Playing for the Jets
Former Jets Playing for the Sharks
F – Evander Kane
- Needs 10 penalty minutes for 100 for his NHL career.
- Needs eight penalty minutes to reach 100 for his NHL career.
- Needs seven penalty minutes to reach 300 for his NHL career.
- Needs three penalty minutes reach 200 for his NHL career.
- Needs six penalty minutes to reach 300 for his NHL career.
- Needs seven points to reach 400 for his NHL career.
- Needs two goals to reach 200 as a member of the Jets franchise.
Recently Accomplished Milestones
- 5 vs. NJD – Reached 100 points for his NHL career.
- 19 at NSH – Played in his 200th NHL game.
- 19 at NSH – Reached 100 goals for his NHL career.
- 14 at FLA – Reached 200 points for his NHL career.
- 2 at VGK – Reached 200 points as a member of the Jets.
Nov. 19 at NSH – Played in his 600th NHL game.
- 16 at TBL – Reached 400 assists as a member of the Jets franchise.
Nov. 23 vs. CBJ – Reached 600 points as a member of the Jets franchise.
Nov. 1 – Recalled F – C.J. Suess from the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Nov. 4 – Reassigned F – C.J. Suess to the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Nov. 7 – Placed F – Bryan Little on injured reserve; Recalled F – Joona Luoto from the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Nov. 8 – Reassigned D – Ville Heinola from the Manitoba Moose (AHL) to Lukko (Liiga); Placed F – Gabriel Bourque on injured reserve
Nov. 13 – Recalled F – Michael Spacek from the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
|Player||Injury||Date Injured||Games Missed|
|Mark Letestu*||Upper Body||—||17|
|Mason Appleton*||Lower Body||Oct. 25||13|
|Bryan Little*||Upper Body||Nov. 5 vs NJD||8|
|Gabriel Bourque*||Lower Body||Nov. 5 vs. NJD||8|
*- Currently on injured reserve
Man-Games Lost: 77
How the Jets Were Built
Drafted (14) – Appleton, Connor, Copp, Ehlers, Gustafsson, Hellebuyck, Laine, Little, Lowry, Morrissey, Poolman, Scheifele, Spacek, Roslovic
Trade (3) – Beaulieu, Pionk, Wheeler
Free Agency (8) – Bitetto, Bourque, Brossoit, Kulikov, Letestu, Luoto, Perreault, Shaw
Waivers (2) – Dahlstrom, Sbisa
The Manitoba Moose dropped a pair of games to the Toronto Marlies last weekend and are 10-10-0 on the season, which good for fourth in the Central Division…Jansen Harkins leads the Moose and is tied for third in AHL scoring with 22 points (6G, 16A) in 20 games…The Moose continue their seven-game road trip tonight against the Milwaukee Admirals.
TV: TSN3 – Dennis Beyak & Kevin Sawyer
Radio: TSN 1290 – Paul Edmonds & Brian Munz