The Winnipeg Jets return to Bell MTS Place tonight to face the Columbus Blue Jackets…The Jets are coming off a 3-1-0 road trip, which ended with a 5-3 loss to the Dallas Stars on Thursday…After tonight’s game, the Jets have three days without a game before beginning a three-game, four-night road trip in California against the San Jose Sharks on Wednesday.
Nov. 21 at DAL – 5-3 L
Jets Scorers: Connor (8), Laine (6), Sbisa (1)
Stars Scorer: Janmark (3), Dickinson (3), Faksa (6), Benn (5), Seguin (6)
Jets Goaltender: Connor Hellebuyck (29 sv, 4 ga)
Stars Goaltender: Ben Bishop (23 sv, 3 ga)
Jets PP: 0-for-2
Jets PK: 2-for-2
Recap: The Jets erased a 3-0 deficit, but lost 5-3 to the Dallas Stars on Thursday night…Luca Sbisa tied the game in the third period with his first goal of the season, but Dallas netted the game-winning goal 25 seconds later…Kyle Connor scored Winnipeg’s first goal of the game and led the team with four shots…Nathan Beaulieu had a team-leading four hits.
Three Stars: 1. Benn 2. Perry 3. Faksa
Next Five Games
|Nov. 27||7:30 p.m.||At San Jose||SAP Center||TSN3||TSN 1290|
|Nov. 29||1:00 p.m.||At Anaheim||Honda Center||TSN3||TSN 1290|
|Nov. 30||7:00 p.m.||At Los Angeles||Staples Center||Sportsnet||TSN 1290|
|Dec. 3||7:00 p.m.||Dallas||Bell MTS Place||TSN3||TSN 1290|
|Dec. 5||7:30 p.m.||At Dallas||American Airlines Center||TSN3||TSN 1290|
The Jets return to Bell MTS Place for one game before heading back on the road next week….Winnipeg has five occurrences of a single-game homestand this season after only having it twice last season…The Jets are 5-5-1 at home this season, but are 3-1-1 in their last five home games…Mark Scheifele (4G, 4A) and Patrik Laine (3G, 5A) lead the Jets with eight points in 11 home games.
Best For Last
The Jets scored twice in the third period on Thursday and have 23 third-period goals this season, which is their most productive period…The Jets have 14 goals in first periods and 21 tallies in second periods…Winnipeg is also is second in the NHL this season with four overtime goals.
The Jets are a perfect 6-for-6 on the penalty kill in their past three games and 16-for-18 (88.9%) dating back to Nov. 5, which is tied with Columbus for sixth in the NHL…Winnipeg was 21-for-31 (67.7%) on the penalty kill in their first 15 games of the season…Andrew Copp leads the Jets with 40:07 of shorthanded ice time this season.
Against the East
The Jets are 4-4-1 against the Eastern Conference this season…Winnipeg has won two consecutive games against the Eastern Conference, but have been outscored 32-24 in the nine games this season.
The Jets are 9-2-0 in games on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday this season, including 4-0-0 on Saturdays…The Jets are 4-for-17 (23.5%) on the power play on Saturdays, which is their best day of the week…Kyle Connor leads the Jets with seven points (2G, 5A) in the four Saturday games…Winnipeg went 8-6-1 on Saturday’s last season.
Kyle Connor extended his point streak to four games (2G, 3A) with his goal against Dallas on Thursday…It’s his longest point streak of the season…After posting four points (3G, 1A) in his first 10 games, Connor has 14 points (5G, 9A) in his past 13 games.
Patrik Laine has scored in back-to-back games for the first time this season…Laine had goals in back-to-back games eight times last season…He has three goals in November, which matches his goal output from October…He had five points (2G, 3A) during the four-game road trip.
Andrew Copp has set a career high for points in November with six points (2G, 4A) in 10 games…He has six points (2G, 4A) in his past eight games after tallying three points in his first 15 games of the season…He’s averaging a career high .26 assists and .39 points per game this season.
Jets vs. Blue Jackets Information
At Bell MTS Place: 3-3-0
Media Guide Page: http://jetsmedia.ca/columbus-blue-jackets
- The Jets have points in nine of their past 12 games (8-3-1) against the Blue Jackets, including two consecutive wins.
- Winnipeg has been outshot by Columbus in each of the past six games between the two teams.
- The winning team has scored at least four goals in the six games between Winnipeg and Columbus at Bell MTS Place.
- This is the 14th meeting between the Jets and Blue Jackets since the Jets relocated to Winnipeg…The Jets hold an 8-4-1 advantage in the 13 games.
- Blake Wheeler has 15 points (7G, 8A) in 15 career games against Columbus, including four goals against the Blue Jackets last season on Mar. 3/19 in a 5-2 win…Wheeler’s 15 points have come in his past 10 games against Columbus.
- Mathieu Perreault has 10 points (4G, 6A) in eight career games against the Blue Jackets, including nine points (3G, 6A) in his past five games…He holds a 36.4% career shooting percentage against Columbus.
- Nikolaj Ehlers has no goals on 25 shots during his career against the Blue Jackets…Columbus is the only NHL team Ehlers doesn’t have a point against in his career.
- Goaltender Connor Hellebuyck is a perfect 3-0 against the Blue Jackets during his career.
Career Scoring vs. the Blue Jackets
Career Goaltending Against the Blue Jackets
Former Blue Jackets Playing for the Jets
F – Mark Letestu
Former Jets Playing for the Blue Jackets
- Needs 10 penalty minutes for 100 for his NHL career.
- Needs eight penalty minutes to reach 100 for his NHL career.
- Needs seven penalty minutes to reach 300 for his NHL career.
- Needs three penalty minutes reach 200 for his NHL career.
- Needs six penalty minutes to reach 300 for his NHL career.
- Needs seven points to reach 400 for his NHL career.
- Needs three goals to reach 200 as a member of the Jets franchise.
- Needs two points to reach 600 as a member of the Jets franchise.
Recently Accomplished Milestones
- 5 vs. NJD – Reached 100 points for his NHL career.
- 19 at NSH – Played in his 200th NHL game.
- 19 at NSH – Reached 100 goals for his NHL career.
- 14 at FLA – Reached 200 points for his NHL career.
- 2 at VGK – Reached 200 points as a member of the Jets.
Nov. 19 at NSH – Played in his 600th NHL game.
- 16 at TBL – Reached 400 assists as a member of the Jets franchise.
Nov. 1 – Recalled F – C.J. Suess from the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Nov. 4 – Reassigned F – C.J. Suess to the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Nov. 7 – Placed F – Bryan Little on injured reserve; Recalled F – Joona Luoto from the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Nov. 8 – Reassigned D – Ville Heinola from the Manitoba Moose (AHL) to Lukko (Liiga); Placed F – Gabriel Bourque on injured reserve
Nov. 13 – Recalled F – Michael Spacek from the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
|Player||Injury||Date Injured||Games Missed|
|Mark Letestu*||Upper Body||—||16|
|Mason Appleton*||Lower Body||Oct. 25||12|
|Bryan Little*||Upper Body||Nov. 5 vs NJD||7|
|Gabriel Bourque*||Lower Body||Nov. 5 vs. NJD||7|
*- Currently on injured reserve
Man-Games Lost: 73
How the Jets Were Built
Drafted (14) – Appleton, Connor, Copp, Ehlers, Gustafsson, Hellebuyck, Laine, Little, Lowry, Morrissey, Poolman, Scheifele, Spacek, Roslovic
Trade (3) – Beaulieu, Pionk, Wheeler
Free Agency (8) – Bitetto, Bourque, Brossoit, Kulikov, Letestu, Luoto, Perreault, Shaw
Waivers (2) – Dahlstrom, Sbisa
The Manitoba Moose have won seven games in a row to improve to 10-8-0 on the season after Wednesday night’s 2-1 victory against the Belleville Senators…Jansen Harkins is tied for third in AHL scoring with 21 points (5G, 16A) in 18 games and has a point in 10 consecutive games…Goaltender Mikhail Berdin was named the CCM/AHL Player of the Week on Monday after a perfect 4-0 record with a 1.24 goals-against average and a .967 save percentage…Berdin is 10-6-0 on the season with a 2.37 GAA and .930 SV%…The Moose visit the Toronto Marlies on Saturday and Sunday afternoon.
TV: Sportsnet – RJ Broadhead & Greg Millen
Radio: TSN 1290 – Dennis Beyak, Paul Edmonds & Brian Munz