The Winnipeg Jets continue a four-game road trip today against the Tampa Bay Lightning…The Jets started the trip with a 4-3 win against the Florida Panthers on Thursday night…The road trip continues Tuesday against the Nashville Predators.
Nov. 14 at FLA – 4-3 W
Jets Scorers: Morrissey (2), Ehlers (8), Scheifele (8), Lowry (2)
Panthers Scorers: Barkov (6), Trocheck (2, 3)
Jets Goaltender: Laurent Brossoit (34 sv, 3 ga)
Panthers Goaltender: Sergei Bobrovsky (26 sv, 4 ga)
Jets PP: 0-for-0
Jets PK: 2-for-3
Recap: The Jets never trailed in the game and emerged with a 4-3 win against the Florida Panthers on Thursday night…Mark Scheifele (1G, 2A) and Patrik Laine (3A) led the Jets with three points each, while Adam Lowry scored the eventual game-winning goal with less than three minutes remaining in the third period…Laurent Brossoit stopped 34 of 37 shots to earn the win.
Three Stars: 1. Scheifele 2. Trocheck 3. Laine
Next Five Games
|Nov. 19||7:00 p.m.||At Nashville||Bridgestone Arena||TSN3||TSN 1290|
|Nov. 21||7:30 p.m.||At Dallas||American Airlines Center||TSN3||TSN 1290|
|Nov. 23||6:00 p.m.||Columbus||Bell MTS Place||Sportsnet||TSN 1290|
|Nov. 27||7:30 p.m.||At San Jose||SAP Center||TSN3||TSN 1290|
|Nov. 29||1:00 p.m.||At Anaheim||Honda Center||TSN3||TSN 1290|
On the Road Again
The Jets are 6-3-0 on the road and have won three consecutive road games…The Jets are in the midst of playing eight of 10 games on the road…The eight games are being played across three time zones and on both coasts…Including the Heritage Classic in October, the Jets have five four-game road trips this season…Nikolaj Ehlers (6G, 6A) and Mark Scheifele (4G, 8A) lead the Jets in scoring on the road with 12 points in nine games, while Patrik Laine has 10 points (1G, 9A) in seven games.
Against the East
The Jets are 3-4-1 against the Eastern Conference to start the season…Winnipeg has been outscored 29-21 in the eight games…The Jets can win consecutive games against an Eastern Conference opponent for the first time this season with a win today.
Today is the second of 14 afternoon games the Jets play this season, including three in November…Winnipeg has six afternoon games at home and eight on the road…The Jets are 1-0-0 in matinee games this season after going 4-3-0 in afternoon games last season.
The Jets are 8-2-0 in games on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday this season, including 3-0-0 on Saturdays…The Jets are 3-for-13 (23.1%) on the power play on Saturdays, which is their best day of the week…Kyle Connor leads the Jets with five points (1G, 4A) in the three Saturday games…Winnipeg went 8-6-1 on Saturday’s last season.
Thursday was Winnipeg’s NHL-leading eighth victory by one-goal this season…Six of Winnipeg’s past seven wins have been by one goal…At 8-1-1, 10 of the Jets 20 games this season have been decided by one goal.
Assisting to 200
Patrik Laine had three assists on Thursday to reach 200 career points (114G, 88A)…Laine reached the milestone in 255 games, which is the second quickest in franchise history…Laine had 93 goals and 57 assists in his first 150 points, but had 21 goals and 29 assists in his next 50 points to reach 200…He leads the Jets with 14 assists this season and six assists away from matching the 20 assists he had last season…Laine’s career high for assists in a season is 28, which he accomplished as a rookie in 2016-17.
Laine’s Road to 200 Points
Mark Scheifele had his team-leading fifth multi-point game of the season on Thursday (1G, 2A)….He leads the Jets with 20 points (8G, 12A) in 20 games this season…Scheifele has averaged at least a point per game in each of the past four seasons…He is nine points away from becoming the sixth player to reach 400 points with the Jets franchise.
Way Above Average
Connor Hellebuyck leads the NHL in goals saved above average with 9.96…His career high for GSAA is 23.75, which occurred during the 2017-18 season…This season, Hellebuyck is also tied for sixth in the NHL with a .928 save percentage.
Jets vs. Lightning Information
At Bell MTS Place: 6-3-2
Media Guide Page: http://jetsmedia.ca/tampa-bay-lightning
- The Jets have a point in seven of their past nine games against the Lightning (4-2-3).
- Since the franchise relocated to Winnipeg, the Jets are 11-6-5 against the Lightning.
- The Jets have allowed four goals or more in nine of their past 11 games against the Lightning (40 GA).
- The Jets have a point in six of their past seven trips to Tampa (4-1-2).
- Five of the past nine games between the Jets and Lightning have been decided by one goal.
- Winnipeg is 4-for-8 on the power play in its past three games against Tampa Bay.
- Blake Wheeler leads the Jets in career scoring against the Lightning with 31 points (9G, 22A) in 33 games.
- Patrik Laine has seven points (2G, 5A) in six games against Tampa Bay, while Nikolaj Ehlers has nine points (6G, 3A) in eight games.
Career Scoring vs. the Lightning
Career Goaltending Against the Lightning
Former Lightning Playing for the Jets
Former Jets Playing for the Lightning
- Needs 10 penalty minutes for 100 for his NHL career.
- Needs two games played to reach 200 for his NHL career.
- Needs two goals to reach 100 for his NHL career.
- Needs eight penalty minutes to reach 100 for his NHL career.
- Needs seven penalty minutes to reach 300 for his NHL career.
- Needs three penalty minutes reach 200 for his NHL career.
- Needs six penalty minutes to reach 300 for his NHL career.
- Needs nine points to reach 400 for his NHL career.
- Needs one assist to reach 400 as a member of the Jets franchise.
- Needs three goals to reach 200 as a member of the Jets franchise.
- Needs four points to reach 600 as a member of the Jets franchise.
Recently Accomplished Milestones
- 5 vs. NJD – Reached 100 points for his NHL career.
- 13 vs. PIT – Played in his 300th NHL game.
- 3 at NYR – Reached 200 points for his NHL career.
- 4 at NJD – Played in the 300th game of his NHL career.
- 14 at FLA – Reached 200 points for his NHL career.
- 20 vs. EDM – Reached 700 wins as an NHL head coach.
- 2 at VGK – Reached 200 points as a member of the Jets.
- 10 vs. MIN – Reached 700 points for his NHL career.
Nov. 1 – Recalled F – C.J. Suess from the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Nov. 4 – Reassigned F – C.J. Suess to the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Nov. 7 – Placed F – Bryan Little on injured reserve; Recalled F – Joona Luoto from the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Nov. 8 – Reassigned D – Ville Heinola from the Manitoba Moose (AHL) to Lukko (Liiga); Placed F – Gabriel Bourque on injured reserve
Nov. 13 – Recalled F – Michael Spacek from the Manitoba Moose (AHL)
|Player||Injury||Date Injured||Games Missed|
|Mark Letestu*||Upper Body||—||13|
|Mason Appleton*||Lower Body||Oct. 25||9|
|Bryan Little*||Upper Body||Nov. 5 vs NJD||4|
|Gabriel Bourque*||Lower Body||Nov. 5 vs. NJD||4|
*- Currently on injured reserve
Man-Games Lost: 61
How the Jets Were Built
Drafted (14) – Appleton, Connor, Copp, Ehlers, Gustafsson, Hellebuyck, Laine, Little, Lowry, Morrissey, Poolman, Scheifele, Spacek, Roslovic
Trade (3) – Beaulieu, Pionk, Wheeler
Free Agency (8) – Bitetto, Bourque, Brossoit, Kulikov, Letestu, Luoto, Perreault, Shaw
Waivers (2) – Dahlstrom, Sbisa
The Manitoba Moose beat the San Antonio Rampage 2-1 in overtime at Bell MTS Place last night to extend their winning streak to five games…The Moose have allowed just three goals in their past five games and have improved to 8-8-0 on the season…Jansen Harkins is tied for fourth in AHL scoring with 18 points (5G, 13A) in 16 games…Harkins and Sami Niku are on eight-game point streaks…The Moose also entertain the Rampage tomorrow afternoon.
TV: TSN3 – Dennis Beyak & Kevin Sawyer
Radio: TSN 1290 – Paul Edmonds & Brian Munz